So this past week has been a pretty good week! On Monday we went disc golfing and that was a lot of fun there is a course at a park super close and it was super cheap to rent discs so we did it and it was a blast! I am not good at it at all, but it was fun none the less! and we took a sweet District photo on the top of a hill I will send home it is sweet! but ya then Monday night we had a great lesson with Donny we brought the man who is baptizing him and we finished teaching all the lessons and we practiced the baptism it was great he is ready to get baptized it was a good lesson!
On Tuesday we had district meeting and it was a good one I was happy to give a training again I love doing them it is a ton of fun! and I learn a lot! but ya! I also made lunch for everyone I made crock pot mac and cheese for the whole district and the zone leaders who came and afterwards we went on exchange with the zone leaders and I went with one to their area, but first we went to a member's house and practiced the song me and the sister I sang with at Zone Conference that we also were singing in sacrament meeting this week, but it was a great practice we changed things up and it made it a lot better so I have a video from one of our practices this week I am sending home and we sound much better so ya it was good and then we went to the Zone Leaders area and it was a good day at night we went to see someone and they wanted a blessing, but we couldn't go in because we didn't have rule of 3 so we gave it on the back patio in the complex and it was interesting as I was giving the blessing all these people were watching from their apts, but it was good it was a fun day in their area we had this really fancy good cheese at dinner so that was cool! but ya! it was a good day!
On Wednesday we exchanged back in the morning and I did some stuff with other teams as the district leader and then we helped the sister's write out all these sticky notes to put in this kids room who was turning 12. It is a family we are close with and then we blew up a ton of balloons and the sister's went put them in his room because they have a car so it would of been hard for us to, but I have pictures they decked his room out. It was way good! but that day we also helped someone pull a bush out it was hard but fun! and that night we were asked to help with the Stake Priest and Laurel Mission Prep so that was good! Elder Gwynn and I were in charge of the bus contacting station so that was fun it was a fun time seeing them reply and trying to transition to the gospel. Some of them just went for it. It was cool to see! fun night! One of the big items from Thursday was we were able to go to our investigator's Donny's play that he was in at school that night. His school was doing the Lion King kids version so like the Aladdin stuff we did at Twin Peaks and he was Zazu so that was cool. I got some video and pictures of him in it. It was a fun time that night and it meant a lot to him that we were able to come! So I am glad we were able to go and watch it. It was super fun! Then that night on the way back home we had to cross over this part of a sidewalk that was closed and I turned and my bike slid on the loose gravel that was there but because I was biking in the winter I have learned how to ditch my bike mid fall so I did that and the bike was fine. I had a little scratch, but my comp wrecked hard I have a picture the bike was fine but he hit hard and he scratched his knee up and his arm pretty good so that was too bad but he s fine now so it is ok, but he doesn't like going that way anymore. but ya then on Friday we had zone service and we went to a garden park place in Minneapolis and we helped clean it up, raked up dead grass, pulled weeds, and stuff it was fun! Then we had lunch with some people from our zone the Andover elders were some of them and it is fun to be with those elders and talk about Andover! but it was good and then that night we went to a birthday party for the kids whose room we decked out and then our night fell through, but it happens some time so it is not a big deal but it was a good Friday.
Saturday was great we had a meeting with the WML and then got all of our weekly planning done and biked to see a few people but then we had to go and fill the font for the baptism so that was awesome we got there 2 hours early and started it and then just prepped for Donny's baptism and then we had the baptism and it was super good. A miracle happened his kind of ex step mom who lives with them came and that was awesome she definitely felt the Spirit and so it was great because it is kind of a rough situation with her right now and Donny and his dad so it was just amazing! But ya it was an awesome service! Sunday was good in sacrament meeting me and Sister Frank sang our song and it went well, i think. People said it was good so that was good and Donny got confirmed and Elder Gwynn did it and he did a good job he was super nervous at first but he did a good job! That night we had a lesson with out investigator Joseph Hope and he was supposed to get baptized this Saturday, but there were questions as to whether he was married or not to the lady he lives with and we got it nailed down it turns out they aren't married by law, but he has paid a dowry to her parents who live in Philadelphia so culturally they are married, but he knows this needs to happen by law and they are trying, but it turns out he is still married to someone in Africa he is trying to divorce so that have like 30 pages of paperwork to fill out and then they can get married once he is divorced so ya hopefully they can get it all figured out soon so he can get baptized because he really knows he needs to and really wants to, but he just cant right now! So hopefully soon! but ya it was a good week this week and hopefully this week is even better!
But something from my studies this week! so in my Book of Mormon reading this verse stuck out to me in Words of Mormon it is verse 7
7 And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me. And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will.
This one stuck out to me because it applies so well in our lives! As we go through out our lives we need to be listening for the workings and the whispering of the Spirit even though sometimes we don't know all things. So we don't know why we are being prompted to do something or we don't know why the Lord wants us to make this decision, but we need to always remember that the Lord knows alk things so we just know that the Lord is working through us to accomplish his will so we need to act in faith on the prompting and awnser we get from the Spirit because God knows all things and won't steer us wrong if we are faithful and do all he asks us to do! that is how I plan to live the rest of my life. It was just a good reminder that is how i need to go about the rest of my life!
well that is all till next week
love
Elder Howe
No comments:
Post a Comment