Friday, May 20, 2016

New adventures back to the cites I go!

But ya this week was a an alright week!  But ya, I am really going to just go through all the highlights of the week because I don't have a ton of time and that is what is important but on Tuesday we went on exchanges with the Elders who cover the 1st and 5th wards here in Rochester, but it was good I went to their area and we went to teach this media referral they got so he referred himself, but it was a really good lesson! He was reading this romance novel and it was written by an lds author and in the book the main character find solace through the Book of Mormon and so he read that and it caught his interest and so he deiced to investigate and so ya we met with him and that was good and it was a  good lesson. He said he would read the Book of Mormon in a month and 3 days and then meet with us again and I believe him he is super sincere and I think he will get his answer. He told us that when his kids turn 18 if they aren't already members he is going to tell them to really look into the church and about serving mission so that was cool. So we will see if he goes anywhere! But ya it was really cool! and then later that evening we were at a member's home in their ward and I don't know if it is true, but I think the whites from our ward back home are in there ward he said there was a family of white's in the ward whose parent's moved to Birmingham so I would assume it is them, but I don't think so, but that was cool!  

But ya on Wednesday we went with the 2nd ward elders and we went to bro Chunn's house the Cambodian member and we had a big lunch that was super good as always and then we went outside and helped him and his non member grandson build some garden boxes! but it was s super good time and good relationship builder with his grandson who now lives with him so that was great! on Thursday we had district meeting and that was great! and after we went out with a guy in the ward who had just gotten back from his mission on Tuesday and he drove us around we we went and saw some people. Our appt fell through and so we went to see someone else and they weren't home but this guy who is a LA who lives down the street was outside so we walked over to him and it turns out this RM who was with us used to home teach this guy with his dad so that was really cool he was able to talk to him and invite him to his homecoming at his house but it was super cool experience! and we went out teaching with another member that night and it was just a really good experience I encourage some people to try just go out with the missionaries for like 2 hours if their appt fall though do other things with them stop by other people don't just let them let you go home, but it will help the work big time! 

But on Friday it was a full day of stuff we had some calls to be on and we had a zone council meeting with the STLS and that was good it was a good one! But ya then that evening we had to head back down to Austin for a baptismal interview it was also the baptism of the kid I interviewed a week earlier so that was a good trip this Spanish lady who is getting baptized this week is super prepared it is an amazing story how they found her and she was just ready it is amazing! but ya it was good day of a lot of zone leader stuff! But ya on Saturday night we had set up basketball again with our investigators in a park and that went well we had 3 youth there and it was fun and then we were able to teach a lesson after so it was really good! Sunday was ok we had left our bikes at a member's house the day before and so after church he took us to his place and we had to bike in our suits all the way home it was hot! man it was 80 that day so ya, but I was burning up it was bad, but we made it home and then the only other exciting thing that happened that day was my bike chain broke and ya, but it was good day. That night we met with an investigator and we were able to find out what his real hold back is and it is because he hasn't received an answer to anything he has asked lately and it is because he doesn't know how to recognize  any answers that he gets so that was great to find out because we can help him with that but it was great!   but ya and then today we found out about transfers and I found out I am being released from being a zone leader and I am getting transferred to Elm Creek to be with an elder named Elder Gywnn I know him well. I was his zone leader in Mankato, but I am excited for a new adventure to come it has been good in Rochester but I am excited to be back in the cites for probably the rest of my mission, but I am excited to be going there! 
Well that is all this week hope you all have a great day. 
love 
elder howe 



No comments:

Post a Comment