Tuesday, May 10, 2016

more Bipolar weather and Dagger falling from the sky...

Well this week was a good week. We had some crazy weather, but ya on Monday we did some stuff and we went to the Goodwill and then we we went to the church and we played some soccer and that was good. It was beautiful weather that day. We were able to bike around without a sweater or anything on, but we had a good night that night we met with this lady we tracted into who turned out to be a child of record so she was blessed so that was cool. We taught her and it was good and we will be seeing her again tonight! But ya then Tuesday we had to move apts and we started cleaning at 9am and then we really deep cleaned the place because the sisters were moving in. So I wanted to make sure it was really clean for them. So we cleaned until like 12:00 and then they showed up with a member and moved all their stuff in and then we went and got all of our stuff into their apt. It isn't a bad apt just not a good neighborhood, but ya it is good it is a kinda a pain to move all of your stuff around, but it was all good. We got in with a part member that night. We were just driving around with a member and we stopped by this family and he was home, the non member, and we talked with him and shared a message and it was really good! and ya the weather was still pretty good that day

So Tuesday night we were told that we were supposed to get 12 inches of snow and then I woke up Wednesday and nothing so I was happy, but then during studies it stated to snow and ya we went on exchange with some elders in the area and I stayed in my area and we were on bikes and it wasn't snowing at first and then as the day progressed it started to hail and snow at the same time... I have never seen such a thing, but let me tell you when you are on bike moving fast hail does not feel good on your face it really felt like little daggers falling from the sky, but it was a good experience.  But ya it was a slower night that night, but ya we went to bed and woke up on march 24 my birthday and there was 10 inches of snow. So ya crazy never had that happen on my birthday so that was cool, but ya we had a district meeting and it was all about Charity and love and it was a really good meeting and then ya we had some calls and we went and had some appts and we were biking and we had to bust through all sorts of snow banks and it was crazy and ya it was a lot of biking in snow but it was good my feet got soaked so ya because i didn't have my boots on so ya, but ya it was a good day.

 Friday we did all of our planning and then we had lunch at Costco and then the APs came down to blitz our area and i went with one named Elder Morrow and it was good we had some good lessons. We taught a couple pf people and it was a good night we went and saw our investigators who they just had a kid and that was cool he was a tiny baby, but it was cool it was a good night one of the aps served in this ward before so that was cool, not the one i was with, but it must be fun to be able to go back to some of your old areas. I would love to do that! But ya on Saturday we went and we had lunch at bro Chunn the Cambodian member and he fed us a lot again. I got a pic of the best egg rolls in the world and ya it was good it was spicy stuff this time so that was a little bit harder and ya but it was really good though! but ya then the rest of the day we went to a member's house and dyed eggs with them and shared a message and it was good! It was fun and then we went with some other elders to help a lady to move into another ward and then we got there and she wasn't even there and then she showed up like 35 min later but we got her whole garage done so that was good and then we had dinner and stopped by this investigator and were able to teach him and all his brother and sister it was really cool they kept asking a lot of questions about how we know that our family can be together forever and ya it was just really good. I could tell they wanted to have that for there family I think they come from a little bit of a broken family, but it was good and ya one of their kids name is Silence so that is cool, but it was good so ya we will be teaching them hopefully we can get the mom involved and interested as well! but ya and then church was a great. Sacrament meeting was great. It was just a musical thing so that was great it was really cool! but ya my comp was sick and ya a member made us go home from church early and then he rested and then we went out and worked and talked to some people and had dinner with 4 families in the ward for Easter and this lady made a carrot souffle and it was way good it is amazing! but ya it was great and then we had a really good contact with a part member at the end of the night it was good! but ya it was a good week hopefully this week the weather is good and it doesn't snow again! but ya! 

So this week in my studies it was actually this morning I got a little bit of extra study time in because my comp was sick so i let him sleep for a while and I was reading in Mormon and this verse really stuck out to me

 13 But behold this my joy was vain, for their sorrowing was not unto repentance, because of the goodness of God; but it was rather the sorrowing of the damned, because the Lord would not always suffer them to take happiness in sin.
 14 And they did not come unto Jesus with broken hearts and contrite spirits, but they did curse God, and wish to die. Nevertheless they would struggle with the sword for their lives.

These verses talk about repentance and I was reading about the demise of the Nephites and the laminates this morning. I started in 4th Nephi and it made me sad to see that happen and I got to this verse and it really made me see this because I have seen this kind of attitude on my Mission but the Nephites were sad and Mormon thought they were repenting and then he realized they weren't sad because they wanted to change and be better and cause they knew they were in the wrong, but because they wanted to keep doing wrong and were sad that they couldn't do those things and be happy so they were just mad at God.  They didn't have a broken heart and a contrite spirit and I was pondering this had just thinking about true repentance you have to have godly sorrow you have to want to be better and you have to really know that you did something wrong and that because of it you are sorrowful and want to be better and ya I don't know why it hit me today, but it was really good! I really loved it and like I said I have seen people like that on my mission who for the wrong reason are sad and they make some change but then those changes don't last because they didn't do that humbly and for the right reason and the only way to truly repent is if we are humble and come to the Lord ready to take his counsel and use it in our life  and do all he asks of us! I love the repentance process it is great! it is there to help us become better and help us to be more humble it is great I love it! but I hope that you all have a great week and find way to let people to see the light we have and help them access that light! 
have a great week till next week 
love
elder howe 

The best egg rolls

Birthday Cake

Birthday Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment