So this week has been alright. We had a busy one we had a lot of stuff to get done, but Monday was beautiful weather wise and we got together with some other missionaries and we went to a park and played frisbee and soccer and tossed a football around it was a lot of fun and good to be out doors again playing sports! It was a fun p-day and then that night we went and did some stopbys and we found this YSA girl from South Sudan that we taught and so that was awesome we mainly talked about Church with her, but it was still really good! but ya I am really trying to do all the highlights of my week because I feel like every day could get really boring. If you want every day I will let you read my journal when I get home! But ya highlights this week. So on Tuesday we had a member come out with us for the night and we went and taught the recent rebaptized members Larry and Nancy and that went well they are solid and then we had another appt set up but it fell through so we went to do some stop bys and we went to stop by this lady and she didn't live there any more and we were talking to this guy and we kind of made it so we could stop by again and then Bro Brown, who we were with, before we walked away just started talking and explained what we do and talked about how great the church community is around here and it was just really good he did a great job and made so we or some other missionaries could stop by again sometime I am sure and he would listen ,but it was really cool to be a part of!
So Wednesday morning we had a lesson with a ysa girl that we found named Mimi and her cousin Boffa was there and we had a member with us Bro Tanner and it was just an eh lesson. Boffa kept throwing it off track by asking the most random questions ever it was ridiculous, but they aren't super interested. Boffa said he would call us to meet again but i don't think he is interested as much as he just wants to talk about things that don't matter and probably try and prove us wrong, but it was ok it was fun! Anyway that night we had dinner with a recentish convert family who the mom just became active again, but the daughter and son aren't, but she makes this jolly rancher juice so we bought her some jolly ranchers and she made it for us and man it was some good stuff and we had fried chicken and that was good and then ya it was really good! But that night I had a really awesome spiritual experience we had to do a baptismal interview for some elders investigators and they have the Chinese magnet ward and so she was Chinese. and so she speaks a little English and so we had to have a translator and so it was a good thing that he was there and ya so I was asking the questions and she would answer in Chinese to the translator and I couldn't really understand what she was saying but the spirit was confirming to me that she was ready it was really cool. I could just feel the spirit telling me that she was ready it was super awesome and she gave the closing prayer in Chinese and a long prayer and afterwards the translator said that was a beautiful prayer I wish that you could understand it, but I didn't need to because I could feel the spirit during the prayer super strong as well and man it was really awesome, but I loved it it was great!
But ya the rest of the week was a good week, but ya we had some really good meetings with some people but the interview was the big highlight and oh ya on April 1st we went and we had some window markers and we drew on the sister's car windows on the way home and it was fun. I got some pics from the sister's that they took the next morning the worst part is it snowed that night so part of it got washed off. So ya, but it was fun! but ya then this weekend we had general conference and I loved it it was great! I learned a lot of things this time around. This was my last general conference on my mission, but ya it was a great one. I feel like it was a different general conference then I have ever seen before, but I loved it! Ya I feel like I got a lot of stuff that I learned that I can learn for the rest of my life, but it was really good. The two talks that stuck out most to me was President Nelson's talk from priesthood session it was really good! I learned a lot and Jeffery R Holland's talk was really great. I loved it. It was really great I really needed to hear some of things that he said. It was fantastic! One of the things he said that i really like is " the greatest thing about the gospel is that we get credit for trying even when we dont succeed" I think that is a profound quote because lots of people that think that they aren't doing good things just because they aren't perfect at something they won't get credit and they have to be perfect and it isn't true. I have met missionaries that think if they aren't doing things perfect and aren't having 100% success that they are failures but it is all about how hard we try and if we try as hard as we can it will all be well for us in the end, but I loved his talk alot. It was fantastic and it was great. All of conference was ,but ya I am grateful I had the chance to learn from the Lord's ordained servants who lead and guide the church today! It was great I hope you all were able to receive revelation as you watched and listened as well!
I hope you all have a great week this week!
well that is all till next week
love
elder howe
No comments:
Post a Comment