Friday, May 20, 2016

Good week full of stuff

So this week has been a good week. On Monday last week we got together with a few other teams and we played basketball and volleyball at the church but ya highlights from the week this week. On Monday night we had dinner with a member and then he came out with us to see Donny McLafferty who is our 12 year old investigator who gets baptized this week on Saturday but we had a really good lesson about tithing it was really good and then we went over the baptismal interview questions and it went super well he is super ready so that is awesome! Something pretty cool happened on Tuesday. I was on exchanges with a new missionary elder Steven, he is from Tucson this doesn't apply to the miracle we saw but we were talking about Eegees and I had realized how long it had been since I had some, but ya any who the miracle. So we were out with a joint teacher who was driving us around and we went to try and see some less actives and we got this lady's complex and we had to get buzzed in so I hit her button to get buzzed in and she didn't answer so we still wanted to get in so I looked away and pushed a random one and this lady answered I said we are missionaries trying to see our friend Beauty and she said that's not me and I was oh well can you let us in and she did and then we walked upstairs to knock on the less active's door and I am waiting for Elder Steven to finish a text to knock on the door and then the lady across the hall from her opens the door and it turns out it is the lady who buzzed us in she was expecting us to come to her door and so ya crazy she ended up being across the hall. We went in and taught her and her friend and it was a good lesson and we set up another time to come by so it was just a really cool experience but ya it was great! 

But ya on Wednesday we went to a members house to practice this musical number that I was singing with one of the sisters in our ward at a zone conference on Friday, but it was good. So another highlight of the week Thursday we had a another lesson with Donny and we also had his real baptismal interview done and he passed so that was awesome! He is super ready and we nailed down most of the details for his baptism it is great. We asked who he wants to confirm him and he looked at Elder Gwynn and said you don't talk you can do it. So that will be good for him it was kind of a funny moment, but it is awesome we are excited for him he has a bright future ahead of him. But ya Friday we had Zone Conference and it was pretty good I did my duet with Sister Frank and I have a video. It was in the relief society room so ya  It was OK. I don't think I did super well. I messed up a couple of times, but ya we are also singing it in sacrament meeting this next week so it should be good, but it was a great conference, good stuff and ya so Thursday during   Personal study a member of the bishopric texted saying the needed another speaker so i volunteered. So ya I was preparing that the rest of the week and it is the first talk that I have given where I didn't write out word for word what I was going to say I used just a lot of bullet points and scriptures written out and I gave it on Sunday. It went well I had 10 mins I spoke for and I had to cut stuff out so I could talked for probably like 30 mins but ya I like giving talks now I wasn't nervous at all it was good.

But ya Sunday night we had mission president fireside and Donny came and it was a super good one. This guy from our ward spoke and he used to be Buddist and he told his story it was super awesome! It was super powerfully and spiritual. Afterwords in the car we talked to Donny and I asked what he thought and he said it was insightful and I asked why is that and he said "I heard people's testimonies of when they got baptized and how they came to know the church was true and they ended up loving the church. So I am not scared at all for my baptism because I know it is what I need to do". It was a super awesome answer to hear. It really threw his dad for a loop that he said it, but it was awesome! It was just awesome! But ya it was a great week there is just so mush potential teaching to be done here just need find ways to harvest it all! But ya this week spiritually wise it was great.  So my studies were all based around my talk I was giving which was on faith in Jesus Christ and in my talk I broke it down to 4 catergories and they are this     
   
    * What is faith in jesus christ
    * How do we strengthen our faith
    * Why do we need to strengthen our faith and how will it help us
    * How can we share our faith

And I talked about all of them and I focused on how to strengthen and how to share there is a 6 step process Elder Lawrence taught us when he was here and it is this. 

1. Put your faith in a righteous cause that has a gap in it so the lord has to intervene
2. Remove doubt: doubt and faith cannot exsist at the same time
3. Pray always
4. Commit yourself and give it your all
5. Expect trials
6. Expect the lord to preform

As we follow this 6 step process our faith is strengthened and as it is strengthened we gain a desire to share it more! And I invited everyone to find one simple way to share their faith in Jesus Christ because in Alma 37:7 it says by small and simple things the Lord bringeth about the salvation of many souls! So invite all of you to do the same find one way to share your faith it doesn't have to be big just start where you are and with what where you are comfortable, lift where you currently stand!

Well that is all till next week
Love
Elder howe


No comments:

Post a Comment