Friday, May 20, 2016

Back with my people this area will be fun!

So this week was a good week. So ya on Monday we had a lot of stuff to do we went and  we ate at a place called Opa Opa which is this Greek place and it was pretty good a member was with us and she bought the flaming cheese and they brought it to the table and they lit it on fire it was really cool it was kinda windy and so the fire was blowing everywhere so kinda sketchy but it was good. Ya Tuesday was actually a really good day we didn't have any time for me to pack because we just had a lot of appts. and because of where we lived we couldn't just bike back, but it was a really good day we had like 5 lessons that came through so that was great it was awesome day we had lunch at this burger place called Culvers that is super good, but ya then that night I hadn't started to pack at all so I had to stay up a little late packing, but I got it all done and then on Wednesday morning  we had to leave at 7:15am so ya we had all the people that were getting transferred meet at our place and we loaded up the van and headed off to Bloomington when we got their I had been out of the car for 5 minuets and president just says Elder Howe get in the truck with Elder Morrow and go to the airport and I said ok and ya turns out an elder who was going home whosw parents picked him up his luggage got loaded on to the truck going to the airport so we had to go pick it up and I almost had to go around the airport by myself, but the Elders brought out the luaage and then ran to catch thier flight, but ya it was kinda random, but cool. But ya then we got all the stuff moved around I made sure everyone that was going to back to Rochester was good and then took off with Elder Gywnn to our area. So ya elm creek ward is a suburb of Minneapolis. And it is just chalk full of Africans and so I am pumped for that it is going to be awesome. I am super excited, but ya we are a full bike area, but it isn't bad the area we cover is pretty small because we have sisters in our ward as well so they cover half, but ya the rest of the week was getting settled and meeting people and man this area has a ton of potential we have a lot of people .For sure 3 people who I think could be baptized by the end of June if we just get consistent meetings with them so that is the goal right now and we are trying to teach at least one new person each day so that will be awesome. I am super pumped to wowk in this area it is awesome. And the members are really cool too. 

Some highlights from the week we did a zone service project on Thursday we went to this park and it was a city cleanup so we got assigned a certain area and we went and cleaned it up it was fun to be with some elders I havent been with in a while. My last comp elder Long is one of my zone leaders so that is cool and ya then we got free Jimmy Johns for dinner. So that was great, but the rest of the week we had a lot of appts fall through, but it was good week. Church on sunday was really good I did a baptism interview for the shingle creek ward elders investigator Pheo pronounce Theo, but that was good. But ya so today isn't a full pday we just have eamiling and shopping today and our full pday is on Thursday we are having a zone pday. But ya tomrrow we have mission conference with elder Lawrence of the seventy who gave the talk in oct conferance "what lack I yet" I am excited to meet him his talk changed my life so I am excited! But ya this week in my stuides this verse from hebrews hit me really hard it is hebrews 6:10 

10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

So ya this verse hit me because it shows that God will not overlook or forget any work you put forth to further his kingdom on the earth today so there is no effort wasted in this great work by members and by missionaries all we do as we labor in love will be remembered by or Father in Heaven and he will bless it for us so never get discouraged keep trying you will be blessed for it! But i hope you all have a great week! 

Till next week,
Love
Elder Howe

These are pictures from our weekly planning session




No comments:

Post a Comment