On Tuesday we had exchanges and I went to the other area with Elder Badders we get along really well I met him at the beginning of my mission we are good friends! It was a great exchange we did alot of service for their Branch President we were pulling weeds for like 3 hours! but it was good for their area it helped grow the trust with the Branch President so that was great! Then the rest of the day we just stopped by alot of people in their area. Then Wednesday was fantastic because we got to go to the temple! and I love going to the temple it is great! it just always re-centers you and helps you regain your focus as well! The temple is a wonderful place I am so thankful that we have them on this earth and that I am able to go to it once a quarter on my mission! The rest of that night we set up some service and saw this investigator who has been investigation for a long time and is just not progressing he just doesn't have a desire to progress I think he just likes the company and spirit we bring in his home so he always wants us to come back.
Thursday was a good day I had a lot of district leader calls to do but then we had a lesson with our investigator who is our most progressing and it went good he is trying to get work off so he can make it to church so hopefully he can do that so he can start coming to church again he is super solid and he has the beginnings of a testimony so coming to church will just make that testimony grow 20x faster! Friday was a good day we helped some investigators move and it was good we helped them pack the truck so that everything would fit they were wondering why we were good at packing a truck and it is just because we move alot of people in the church, but it was great. He said he was going to buy us a Gatorade so he went to the store and came back with a liter of Gatorade for each of us so that was crazy it was alot of Gatorade. Then we had a inspection of our apartment by our ward mission leader and we passed so that was good. It wasn't that hard core of an inspection so it wasn't hard to pass but our place isn't pretty clean so that is good! That night we went to read the Book of Mormon with a less active like we do every week and it was just great the spirit is always so strong and it is always a great environment!
So Saturday morning we went to do service for a lady who is less active in the ward who's husband is over seas. We mowed her lawn and weeded her garden and helped her plant flowers it was alot of fun and good work. It is weird how mowing and pulling weeds have become a super enjoyable activity on this mission! but it was a great interaction with her! then we did alot of stopping by people and trying to see people pretty much the whole rest of the night it was an OK night.
This is where the testimony building comes in so we did a mission fast, but I was also fasting that we would be lead to people who were prepared for baptism and to be taught and we had great Church meetings and then after Church we had a few appts set up but they fell though so we were tracting and then we went to see a potential investigator and she was there and we taught her a super powerful lesson on the restoration it was great and we got another appt with her so that is good! Then we had a great dinner with two families it was a great spiritual message at then end to it was great! Then it started to just pour here and our whole night like fell through! so went to see a less active and had a good lesson with him then it was 8:30 and we went to see another potential investigator and he was there too and we had a super good lesson with him and got another appt it was great! So I know now that fasting works the Lord was justing leading us on I know we were where he wanted us to be and that was awesome. I know that fasting works for sure now I love being a missionary it is amazing and great serving the Lord I have seen so many miracles I love it. Well that is all till next week
love elder howe
PS the picture is a house of a less active in a different ward it is a huge house! and just a neighborhood in there area
No comments:
Post a Comment