Friday, July 17, 2015

Great week and super awesome fireside

So this week was a good week! Monday was a slow day we had some stuff fall through, but it was a good day! On Tuesday we had a District Meeting and it went well it was the last one of the transfer. It is crazy how fast that this transfer flew by! We did an exchange and I went out of the area again and did a ton of yard work. For district lunch we ate at a pizza buffet and then the members we were with fed us some big pieces of lasagna  and I love lasagna, but it was hard to finish bc I was so full. We had a couple good lessons that night it was a good day trying to work with the elder to help that area's output, but it was a good!

On Wednesday we did a ton of tracting and stuff bc we had no appts, but it was a good day. That evening we were knocking and we found 2 more new investigators so that was great we have been finding alot of YSA age people in our area so we have to pass them all off to the YSA ward, but it is all good! Thursday was a good day we had an appt with our most progressing investigator and he said he was coming to church so that was great! We had a good dinner that night with a guy in the ward. We just had taquitos but he put cheess and beans on top of them and it made them so good! Then that night we went with our WML to pick up a piano for him it was like a 1 hour road trip, but it was good service opportunity so that was good! It was a fun night! 

On Friday we did all of our planning as always! and we had some appts fall through in the afternoon, but we had a great appt with the less active guy who we read the book of mormon with and it was a good appt as usual I just love reading the book of Mormon to him. It is all ways a great lesson! Then tried to see this part member family and talked to their kids outside for a little bit one kid is trying to teach my companion to fish so that was funny he just randomly started calling him Chase so that was weird, but it was a fun night! 

On Saturday I finally got my bike fixed so we biked around to see some ppl and we stopped by a part member and mowed their lawn for them so that was a great interaction I have pic I will send of it! Then my comp lost his tag so we had to retrace our steps and look for it and we found it so that was good then we did alot of stop bys and we confirmed out investigator for the Alex Boye fireside that was Sunday night! 

Now Sunday was a fantastic day our investigator Culley came to church and it was a great sacrament meeting for him to be here. Then it was a hot day and we tried to see ppl but everyone was doing Father's Day stuff so no one was home, but then we had a great dinner with some members it was a BBQ it was really good! Then we went to meet our ride at his house for the fireside and we picked up our investigator and we went to the Alex Boye Fireside and it was amazing. He started by singing a song and he is great live and he is hilarious it was an amazing fireside. Man it was great and he ended by singing a song and he walked up and done the isle while singing it and he came by and touched everyone's hand and he touched my hand while he was doing it and it was super cool. I also found out at the fireside that the daughter on one of my recent converts in Andover who I was teaching while I was there is getting baptized on Saturday so am hopefully going to be able to go back to Andover for a night and be there. I am hoping to make it!  It was an amazing week and I found out today I am staying in Farmington for at least one more transfer! So that is good bc this area is about to explode I can feel it! Well that is all till next week love elder howe 




No comments:

Post a Comment