Friday, July 17, 2015

A week full fun and good opportunities to teach

So this past week was a pretty fun week on Monday we didn't have a full day again but our pday was moved to Wednesday, but we emailed and then went to work and had an apt with one of our investigators and it was the most pointless visit ever. We went in and he started playing video games with his son and then after he finished that he went and stated just cooking dinner. I didn't even see why we were in his home it was really weird but it happens. it is all good. Then we had to go do laundry at our unfinished apartment. It was a good day

On Tuesday we had district meeting and it was good then we had exchanges again and this time I left the area because I had to go and teach the other elders investigator who is getting baptized soon. It was a good exchange we had some good appts and saw a really cool sunset that I got a sweet picture of so. That was a great! I will attach that photo! Then Wednesday was our full pday because we were going to a Twins game so in the morning we met at a member's house and they took us to a train station witch we took to Target Field where the twins play. I am not a big fan of baseball, but it was super fun to be with all the other missionaries there. The Twins won so that was good and during the seventh inning stretch we all got on the big screen in the stadium so that was fun it was just a sea of white on the board it was cool. It was a super fun day though I got a little burned at the game, but it was worth it! 

Thursday was a pretty good day we had a lesson with one of our investigators and it was a super good lesson he is progressing really well right now it is awesome to see how far he has come in just the short time that I have been in Farmington. We were also still helping take care of this family's dog in the Ward while they were out of town. Man that dog is a hassle we had to stop by like 2 or 3 times a day to let it out, but it was good service. That night for some reason we went and spent the night at a different missionary apartment with my companions cousin who is serving in the mission and it was alright. Man they were up so late talking it was a little rough my comp kept falling asleep the next day, but it is all good

So on Friday we had our planing session and then we had dinner with our bishop which was super good and after we went to go see a former investigator and he was a little weird he was talking all about how he was a Christian, but believed that we didn't really need God all we needed was love. So it was a little weird and he didn't make much sense, but it was a good discussion. Then that night we went and read the Book of Mormon with a guy. We were biking that night to save miles and man it was hot and then we get into his house and it was hotter in there then it was outside. It was hard to stay awake, but I made it through without falling asleep. 

On Saturday in the morning the Young Women were doing a photo shoot as a fund raiser and they took photos of us for free so I will have some photos to send home of me. Some good photos taken by a good photographer so that will be good! Then we had brunch with a less active and we had biscuits and gravy and it was really good. We had some really good appts on Saturday we had one with a guy we are teaching and while we were there we picked up his roommate so we are teaching him now too! And then went to see another potential investigator and we simply got in to teach her and it was a super good lesson she had a lot of good questions and after we invited her to be baptized like 5 mins later she asked where she need to go to get baptized and when it could get done so that was cool hopefully she stays solid and will start progressing that would be awesome. Then we had another appt where we picked up another new investigator so. That was awesome we picked up 3 new investigators in one day so that was super good. I haven't had that, I think, ever on his mission so far. That was cool. 

Sunday was a super good day we had a really good sacrament meeting lots of good talks about the golden rule. And then second hour we had the discussion on the Supreme Court decision and that was interesting, that is for sure. It was good I guess. After church we did a lot of stop bys and talked to. A few ppl but no one was home then went to dinner and it was good. We did a lesson with them afterwards where we watched the last part of the Bednar's face to face question and answer thing it was good we led the discussion afterwards and it was really good discussion. Then after that we were invited to a members house for a Bonfire, but it was a super hot and humid day so we ended up just going inside and making cookies and peach milkshake with them it was good. That family is awesome I have a few pics of us making the cookies to send and a super hilarious video of my companion that will be and sending I can't even describe it you will just have to watch It! But this week was a pretty good week I have been learning alot lately as I get closer and closer to being out for a year I have been reflecting on my mission so far and trying to see if I have changed and I think have. It is weird to see how much can change in such a short period of time when you just let the Lord take over and mold you into who he wants you to be and not try to be who you think you want yourself to be bc the Lord knows best and he knows what is best for us and how we can best grow! I have learned so much since I have been on his mission I love it! Well that is all till next week . Love elder Howe Sent from my iPad







No comments:

Post a Comment