On Tuesday morning we had to pack up our apartment bc we are moving out of it tomorrow! Man it is so hard to pack up a missionary apartment bc there is just so much random stuff everywhere that makes no sense we did that for 2 hours and just made a dent in the packing and cleaning we had to do! Then we met with this dude at McDonald's and we're talking with him and he is so curious, but he is looking for so much proof of what we say and is very reluctant to rely on faith it was a good lesson. We are just trying to help him understand the importance of acting on faith! Then we went to mow this guys lawn. It is super cool at first when we knocked into him he didn't want anything to do with us but we offered service and he accepted and now we mow his lawn every week and we teach him after so it is great to see how service really softens ppls hearts it is amazing to see what the Lord can do! It was a good night that night we saw a guy named Kevin who we see every Tuesday and it was a good lesson we are trying to help him relaize that ppl in the church are not and will never be perfect, but that is not what matters what matters is that the doctrine is and will always be perfect!
On Wednesday we did more packing. We got a lot of stuff packed but still there was more to do! Then we went out to see some ppl and we went biking and we got in with a guy we have been trying to teach for a whole so that was great he sounded really sincere in wanting to read and study the Book of Mormon so that is great he has told us he will know it is true if it doesn't conflict with the bible and it doesn't so that is good! The rest of that evening kind of just fell thought but that is ok it was still a good day things like that happen.
On Thursday guess what more packing it is so much fun, kind of. I did a lot of deep cleaning I cleaned the stove inside and out a lot of other stuff. Then we a had a great lesson with our investigator Cullen about obedience it was a great lesson and that is a topic that has become a lot more important to me on my mission it is a great topic I have come to love and I see the blessing of in my life! I also called President and asked for permission to go to the baptism of my recent converts daughter ,Jaida Lattus, in Andover on Saturday night and he said yes! So that was super exciting!
On Friday we had our planning session as usual and did a lot more deep cleaning this time the oven. But then we had a good night of seeing a less active brother Stanitch who is hilarious man I love that guy he is just funny he is from Georgia and bc I am form Alabama he assumes I know everything about other churches and how they like to stand and say Amen and yell and stuff and I think he thinks I might be a convert bc I am not from Utah but I don't know. I just roll with it. I told him I went to one but I don't think he remembers that.
Saturday man we packed so more but then we biked and man we biked a lot it was so tiring we had some good contact with members ,but we had to come back and change before dinner bc we were drenched in sweat man it was bad so we changed and went to dinner and then out with some stuff. Then took off to Andover for the baptism and man it was just great. It was a super powerful baptism and it was good to be back it felt like being home again I got to see so many ppl again like Harry and brother gray and just everyone it was great I love that Ward so much and the people there and I miss them, but it gave us a drive to make this area be as successful as that area is and to get the Ward going like that Ward is! Love that place, but I also love it here just needs a little more hard work to get things going.
We were asked to talk in church for this Sunday and I was preparing my talk during the week and it was on the atonement and how to teach someone about it that does't know what it is. Now if you knew me well before my mission everyone knows I do not like talking to ppl or in front of crowds, but when I got up to give my talk I wasn't even nervous usually my legs are shaking and I go to fast but I was calm and no legs shaking I just gave my talk and it went well it is amazing to see how the lord has helped me change while I have been out here in every sense. I have no problem talking to crowds now or anything in fact I love doing it I hope I can give lots more talks through my mission and my life. Man I never thought I would ever say that but it is true I just liked giving them now and talking to ppl!! But Sunday was good we had brunch with a less active family and it was real good and a really good contact with them and then we had a good 1st contact with a less active part member family who I found out brother served his mission with dad so. That was a cool contention he wants me to tell him how dad reacts to finding that out. idk why, but I will have to find that out. Then we went and read the Book of Mormon with Chick again and it was really good I just love doing that! Today we're spending like 4 hours just finishing up our apartment and it isn't our p day our p day is on the 4 of July so if kinda stinks to waste time packing and stuff, but it is all good it has been a great week I love being a missionary and hope everyone else likes being one too. well till next week
Love
Elder Howe
Sent from my iPad
| Stuff packed in the apartment |
No comments:
Post a Comment