So this week was an OK week we had a lot of stuff come through, but also a lot of fall throughs. It was good on Tuesday we had District Meeting and it was a really good one we came up with a lot of plans on what we can do in our Wards to help get the work started. In our Wards we are doing stuff with the youth it will be a lot of fun and I think it will get everyone going. I think that the key to getting a ward excited about missionary work is first getting the youth excited and the adults will realize how easy and fun it can be and follow. That is the idea at least we will see how that all turns out hopefully really well!
Tuesday after 5 o'clock was super good we had dinner at the Stake President's house and it was awesome they are a super awesome family! I love going over there because they are just really good people and super good member missionaries so that was great. Then that night we had a lesson with some recent converts the Gilmers and I love teaching them they are super awesome they are just so smart! It is super fun to go over there we have them twice a week so that is great!
Wednesday was ok we had service and man was it a slow day that day only like 25 people came through and usually we average at least 40 to 50 people every Wednesday, but it was fun never the less and we got to see Harry and I love seeing Harry He is probably my favorite person in this area. I just love teaching him and visiting with him! That night we also got to see another one of my favs Brother Gray he is just hilarious! During his lesson I set my bag down on his freezer and then it fell into his recycling bin and then I picked it up that detail will become important later in the email! It was a great night super fun.
Then Thursday we had exchanges and I stayed in my area with Elder Smith my district leader and it was good we had a good full night of appointments so that was great! and we saw some pit bull puppies and they are some cute puppies! Friday as usual was a lot of planning we didn't leave the apartment till 4:15 but it was a good day after that we didn't have a dinner but the place where we do service was having a volunteer appreciation dinner and we went to that and it was super good there was live music and prizes I didn't win any prizes, but it was still super fun and the food was super good me an my comp were probably the only people there under the age of 50, but hey it was still fun!
Saturday was OK we did some walking and tried to seem some people, but everybody fell through and then we moved our dinner to 4:30 so we could make it to a baptism because they live 30 mins from the church, but then went at 4 to help him out with something and didn't end up starting dinner till 530 so that was not the best but I love going over there and helping them out because they feed us once a week and just help out a lot, but that night we were suppose to see the Lattu family our converts, but they have a aunt who lives with them who was drunk when we showed up and the kids ran down the driveway crying and said come back another time and I have been there plenty of times when the aunt is drunk, but this time was bad I wanted to help them out someway so bad I have so much love for that family and it kills me to see some of the things that they have to endure the dad, brother Lattu, is having a hard time right now and that didn't help, but I think we helped out a bit Sunday night with our lesson, but I have just grown so close to that family and I decided I will write everyone of my converts once a month when I leave this area just to keep in contact with them. I don't want to loose the contact there at all so I will do my best.
Back to the bag in the recycling bin story. So Thursday I was looking for my camera to take a picture and I couldn't find it and then I was like oh it fell out at brother grays I called him and he couldn't find it. We went by Sunday and I couldn't find it. Then I had a thought to check the big recycling bin outside so we did. It wasn't in there and then he says oh ya I threw some recycling in the trash can one time. So I am digging through the trash can and at the bottom I found my camera in it's case I was so happy it was a miracle because that camera has all my pics from my mission so far so I am glad that I found it! Today we are going to the zoo again so that should be fun it is warmer hopefully some more animals are out this time well that is all.
till next week love
seth
No comments:
Post a Comment