Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Emergency Transfer!!! Goodbye Andover Hello Farmington

So this week was a super crazy week we got back from the cities on Monday and then a member took us to a pizza buffet, Pizza Ranch. I had just sat down to eat and one of the assistants is calling us. So I answer it thinking he is just asking us to ask one of our recent converts to speak at a fireside, but I was wrong. He told me I was getting transferred to Farmington and I was leaving Wednesday morning. I was shocked. He said a bunch of other stuff at the end of the call, but I have no idea what he said because my mind was elsewhere frantically thinking of what I had to get done. Who I needed to see and how fast I needed to pack. So Monday night I went and saw the Lattu family who I love so much and got a picture and said goodbye. It was a sad goodbye, but I know it is for a good reason so it is all good. 

Then Tuesday was full of just a bunch of packing and seeing Harry and Brother Gray and some other who I got pics with. I was then up till 11:30 finishing packing by my self because my  companion went to bed already. It was a long night, but a good one. Then Wednesday I met my new companion Elder Freestone from Morgan, Utah. He has been out one transfer longer than I have. We get along good we got back to our super nice apartment(it is awesome it is super nice!) and we get a call from our District Leader asking if we could exchange. So for my first day I wasn't even in my area. I was with Elder Taylor in his area, but me and Elder Taylor hit it off really well. It was a great exchange. It was a good time.

Then Thursday I was finally in my area! It was a good day not much happened. Friday we did alot of tracting we do alot of tracting in this area, but we saw a yard sell and I got a popcorn air popper for $2.50. What a steal! It works great too. It was a good night that night I met some cool families in the Ward so that was nice! Then Saturday oh Saturday I have never done that much tracting in one day my whole mission and we did a ton of walking to save miles and I was breaking in new shoes so man that was a little painful, but it is all good. It was a fun day I am glad I am OK with tracting now or this would not be the most fun area. We met with this guy named Brother Stanich who has some mental problems. He was baptized like 3 years ago. He was super funny. He said something in the lesson that touched me. I was able to relate to an experience he had in the Temple and he said, "See that is why you are here you have already made a big difference." That was really good to hear because it was hard being transferred that fast from an area I love with all my  heart, but I realized I am here for a reason and I will do the Lord's will no matter what it is!

Sunday was a good day. First time in the Ward at church so of course I introduced my self like a million times, but it was good. It is a good ward and that night you will never guess what we did more of ......... tracting!! Ya, but it was raining and I thought I would be fine without an umbrella. Dumb choice on my part I was pretty soaked by the end of the night I have some pictures you can tell I am pretty wet, but I realized how much I love missionary work because I was knocking on doors in the rain and I was having fun and not getting discouraged. That was a testimony builder for me. I love being on a mission and am excited for my new adventures in this new area of Farmington it will be a great time! Well that is all this week. till next week 
love seth 

The Lattus

Brother Gray

Harry

The Gilmers

Tracting sans Umbrella

No comments:

Post a Comment