Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas and then Plunging Temperatures

This past week was a super fun week. We got to spend Christmas morning with the Anoka Elders at the members house they live at. The members got me and my comp stockings too so that was super awesome! Then we got to Skype and that was fun. We had an early Christmas dinner at a members home at 2:30 but we were there till 6 it was super fun and it was good food. I got to drink all the Egg Nog I wanted because they had a ton of it. So I was super happy with that because I love my Egg Nog! That night we watched a movie with Harry and it is crazy he just loves anything and everything put out by the church it is so awesome to see! 

So the beginning of Christmas was green and then it snowed the whole rest of the day so we had a good 5 inches on Friday morning and the temperatures just dropped form like mid 30's to low 20 at the highest for the next week. It is crazy how fast it can just get cold here, but i feel like I was meant for this climate because the cold really doesn't bother me that much which is great because there is plenty of cold to go around in this state!

Friday was a really slow day but on Saturday something super weird happened we have these investigators Ron and Heather and they are strange people. We were over there and they were just venting to us. He always says he wants my CTR ring so Heather, his wife, was trying to find it online and she looked up the wrong ring. Well in the middle of our appointment he just starts to ask me a question and Heater tries to stop him, but he asks me anyways. He asks are you gay and I said no! Heather thought I was because she looked up the wrong ring and she found a gay promise ring and thought it was mine. It was super weird and awkward, but I am glad that that is all cleared up now!

On Friday a member told us a way he planned on his mission was to try and make the days more effective and it was by planning 3 plans for every 30 min interval in the day! so we decided to try it and man is it hard. It usually takes us like 30 mins to plan, but it took us like an hour and 15 both times we have done it. It is super hard, but i think it will be worth it in the end!

This Sunday was our last Sunday at 9 am thank goodness, but we were at the church for ever waiting to meet with the Bishop, but we had dinner with this family who's son is named Seth who just got back from college and it was so confusing. Every time someone would say Seth i would look. It was really weird! 

On Monday next week we find out about transfers we will see what happens. If my comp gets transferred I kinda want to train a new missionary because I think that would be a lot of fun to help some one learn what it is like and it would also be a learning experience for me as well.

Well that is all till next week!
love 
Seth 

No comments:

Post a Comment