Monday, January 12, 2015

Good week but crazy transfer news!

So this week was pretty good. We went on exchange Monday and Tuesday it kinda sucked because on Tuesday I was in Anoka and my comp was teaching this guy named Landon that we teach who is super close to baptism. Then in the one lesson I am not in he tells us he wants to be baptized this month. He should be getting baptized on the 24 of January it is super exciting. He has had a hard life and I can tell the Gospel has just made him a much better person his wife is already a member and he talked about how he just wants to be sealed to her and it is so great to hear so that is super exciting we will have a baptism this month so that is good!

On Wednesday at the food shelf we do service at a crazy guy came through and was yelling and just being dumb. It just amazed me how somebody who is getting food for free so they can survive is complaining to the people who are providing it for him. It kinda made me mad how he just couldn't be thankful for anything!, but it is all good it was just kinda crazy!

On New Years Eve we went to dinner at a members house with the sisters in our Ward and then played Uno and I lost every time so that was fun Ha Ha! Thursday was our actual p-day and we did a district p-day. We went bowling and that was super fun I actually won a game and then I did awful,  but it was a super fun p-day! 

Not much else happened this week except on Sunday. So if you are going to train in the mission when transfers come around president calls you the night before the transfer sheets comes out which is on Monday.  So we are in a member's home sharing a message and the phone rings. It is president and my comp answers it and president asks to speak to me. I was oh man and he told me I am training and not only that but the guy I will be training will be a visa waiter. Who is waiting to go to Brazil so that will interesting! Being called to train is super humbling. It is humbling that the Lord trusts me with such an important task. President told me that President Monson has said that the trainer is the most important leadership position in the mission. That hit me hard because I am no where near perfect and the first thing that came to my mind was I need to change some things. I am so humbled to be able to train but i am also excited. My love for this gospel has grown so much since I have been out because I can tell just how much it really does change your life if you just let the Spirit in to your heart. I have seen it first hand with Harry and it is amazing! I will never forget the change it made in him! it just seems so natural now to share the gospel not just because I am a missionary but because I just want other's lives to be better then they are now and the gospel can do that for anybody no matter the situation they are in!

I love it out here it is crazy how time has gone by well till next week 
love Seth 

No comments:

Post a Comment