Monday, January 12, 2015

Humbling, but Confidence building week!

So this week was an interesting one but a good one for the first fee days. On Tuesday me and Elder Boekweg went around so he could say bye to some people and that was really good. He said goodbye to our investigator Dotte and she was crying. She told us we came in at just the right time and that we did make a difference in their lives and that was really comforting to hear that we do make a difference with every action that we take!

On Wednesday we went up to Bloomington for transfers and I had a trainers meeting. At first President Forbes sits down and says "I got a call from the Mission office and we have to send 8 of our missionaries to Oklahoma" and then he said "Elder Howe after this you need to go back to your apartment and pack your bags you leave tomorrow." I thought he was joking at first so I laughed and he didn't so I thought he might be serious and I got a little scared, but then he said he was joking, but that is how a visa missionary feels. Wow that was scary for a moment I thought I was going to Oklahoma! I went around with some other elders till my new companion came in. His name is Elder Wilkinson and he is from Mountain Green, UT. We had a few lessons and went to bed.

The next day it is night time and it is cold and my comp wasn't packed for Minnesota so he is super cold and I locked the keys in the car so we had to wait like an hour and a half for the cops to come and unlock it for us. I felt so dumb and that was when I started to feel super inadequate as a trainer ,but the next day during what we call companionship inventory I asked him what his goals were and he said he had one goal and it was not to go home and my heart dropped. I said that is a goal you will accomplish. He was having a hard time with the whole reassignment and home sickness and I got the prompting that an interview with president and an exchange with this other elder who I knew went through that same kind of thing would help. After they both happened he was happy and that gave me so much more confidence. We went tracting that day and I led out at every door and I wasn't nervous at all. I was able to just talk to people it was so great because I have always had a hard time with that. The Lord has blessed me so much since I have been out I would never have been able to do that before I came out here it is amazing what he can do with you if you just let him into your heart and do his will and not yours! I am just finding so much more joy in missionary work now. I just love being a missionary and sharing the gospel with everybody it is great! Well till next week.

Love Seth! 

P.S. The pic is the last time me, Elder Boekweg, and Harry were together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment