Monday, December 1, 2014

Holy coldness and a dream I hope to accomplish

This week was another slow week, but it was super fun week as well. On Monday we didn't have p-day we just had time to email and shop. Our p-day was moved to Thanksgiving. Monday night I had the most filling soup of my life! I had no idea soup could be so filling but wow it was. I only had 2 bowls and I was filled. I don't know what was in it, but it was great! 

I am trying so hard to think of things that happened on Tuesday and Wednesday, but nothing comes to mind they were really slow days, but Thursday was a blast. In the morning we had the turkey bowl at 8 am. That morning I had to go buy a sweatshirt and sweatpants because when we started to play it was -2. It was so cold, but it was super fun! For some reason I play better in the cold because I played pretty good. I had 2 picks 1 was a pick 6 and then 4 or 5 other touchdowns. So that was good and then we went and played basketball so that was fun as well. Then we had Thanksgiving dinner at this member houses and they live alone so they invited this other couple over and it was weird because it was so quiet because there were no kids running around. It was a gluten free thanksgiving so there was no regular stuffing which is my favorite part of thanksgiving, but it is all good. All the rest of the food was super good so that is good! Then we just went to the church with the other elders and messed around on the piano and stuff till p-day was over. At like 9:30 that night we stopped by our investigators house and they gave us pie and apple cider and it was super good because it was my favorite, apple pie. It was awesome!

The next day wow was I sore, but i just took some ibuprofen and moved on. My companion was so sore it was ridiculous he made it sound like he was dying. He kept telling me he taught he had Ebola. That night we had kinda had a weird dinner it was a pizza crust with tuna on it then covered with provolone cheese and we baked in in the oven. It was OK, but not the greatest thing ever!

Saturday we had a zone service where we packed a ton of apples at this food distribution place that distributes food to homeless shelters and stuff like that. We packed just over 10 thousand pounds of apple and my job was putting every box of apples on a pallet it was quite the workout I basically lifted 10 thousand pounds that day. 

Sunday we had a miracle happen this guy we used to teach just randomly decide to show up to church again. So that was awesome. We will most likely be picking him up again to teach so that is great! oh yeah on Tuesday I ate at White Castle and I will never do that gain ever. It was nasty never ever again will i eat there! Today I got my hair cut! My dream I talk about in the subject is to, if it is not against the rules, walk across the frozen Mississippi River this winter!  

Well that is all till next week
love Elder Howe

No comments:

Post a Comment