Monday, September 29, 2014

Ups and Downs

So this past week started off slow. Monday we had to get the flu shots and I wore a long sleeved shirt so I basically had to take my whole shirt off that was just a super awkward experience. Then we had a good night that night. The next morning I woke up not feeling good at all. The member who lives on the first floor of our apartment brought me a thermometer and I had a fever so I had the flu. We had district meeting we had to go to so I went, but i was so exhausted. After the meeting we went home and I took like a 2 hour nap so that i could make it through the rest of the day and it helped. That night was good to we had a member take us to an appt and he just set our investigator straight on what his priorities should be and why he was having such a hard time quitting smoking. While he was doing that we were messing around with his kids and I have some funny pictures of that. I have learned how powerful having a member with you can be it is amazing the difference a member can make. Whenever you get the chance go out with the missionaries because you can make a huge difference!! 

Wednesday was great we had this thing called "New Missionary Training" up in Bloomington, which is where the mission home is, and it was fantastic I learned so much that is going to help me become a better missionary. It was great. That night we did exchanges with the elder who are in the area next to us because me and the elder who I was with are both new I  got to drive!!! It was so great to drive again. 

We just got a new Ward Mission Leader and he is going to be fantastic. Wednesday we did a teaching evaluation with him and he told us his conversion story and it was so amazing! I am excited to work with him he has a lot of great ideas. 

Thursday I am in an appt and the phone goes off and it is a text from a member that just says "Elder Howe?" and that was all. I texted back yes and apparently there is someone in the Crystal Ward that Amy knows and she knows the member in my ward.  She told me that Amy says hi so that was cool . We have keeping our bikes in our garage. When we went to ride on Thursday we found that our bikes have been stolen, that sucked. Sorry that it was just such a waste of money because it was stolen. I don't even know how but they are gone. I don't know what we are going to do about it.

On Saturday we didn't have a dinner planned but then the member we had at a lesson of ours took us out to eat at a place called Baker's Square and it was amazing I had a crazy good omelet and then one of the best pieces of pie I have ever eaten it was so good!!!

Sunday Harry came to church and he loved it so that was great.  Then today we had district P day and we went to this place called Grand Slam. We did mini golf and played laser tag it was tons of fun. I have some pictures I will send of it. Then I had some amazing Mac and Cheese at Noodles and Company it was almost as good as Panera but not quite. I loved it. I am still doing great and I am loving it out here still. Till next week.

love,
Seth
flying horse at Grand Slam 


Ward Activity - Racing with a pumpkin between my legs

Ward Activity - Racing with a pumpkin between my legs



No comments:

Post a Comment