This week was good. On Tuesday I went on an exchange with one of the Zone Leaders so I took over the area for the day and I think I did OK. It was a good experience because it let me see that there are so many different ways to do things. I can just be myself with my personality and not try to be someone who I am not. It also showed me somethings that I needed to work on that I hadn't thought of before. He told me that I was a good teacher and that I just need to slow down a little when I talk. That made me feel good because I didn't know whether or not I was teaching well so when he said that it made me feel super good.
We had one of the most awesome lessons on Thursday with the Lattus family. They have been investigating for like a year. We showed up at 8 and Brother Lattus wasn't there so we could not go inside. We talked to his daughter outside until he showed up at 8:30. After he showed up the Bishop and Stake President showed up as well. He has a good relationship with them and they joint taught with us. President just took over and helped him realize how stupid it was to let smoking keep him from baptism. Then Brother Lattus said he wanted to be a part of the church so that his two sons could go on missions because of the example we set for them. That hit me hard I did not realize how big of an example we were setting for him and his kids. At the end of the lesson he decided with President that he would move his baptism up from Oct 18th to Oct 5th. So he had to stop smoking yesterday for good. Right before we left I felt a prompting to give him a blessing for strength to resist the temptation to smoke. I was able to participate in my first Priesthood Blessing. The Bishop gave the blessing, but it was a super cool experience. I know he will be baptized on the 5th.
The next day we went and saw our old Liberian investigator Harry. He knows the Book of Mormon is true and has a solid testimony of Joseph Smith being a prophet. He wants to be baptized, but is concerned about his health. At the end of the lesson we gave him a blessing. I gave the blessing. It was cool I was super nervous I wouldn't know what to say, but when i started talking the words just came to me it was amazing and super spiritual for him and me.
On Saturday I got to watch half of the BYU football game because we had an investigator watching it with the Elder's Quorum. We called out Mission President and he said we could watch the first half of it. It was super awesome and fun.
On Sunday I was feeling down in the morning because we did a lot of service Saturday and my back was hurting. We had an early meeting at the church. I wasn't able to eat breakfast. We also went to get some investigators so they could come to church, but they did not answer their door. I was feeling down, but then after Sacrament meeting as when we are out in the foyer we see Ron standing in the Chapel looking for us. I did a double take because it surprised me.It made me happy that he could make it. He was only able to stay for 2nd hour because he had to work, but he had a great time in Gospel Principles. I think he will be more inclined to come back now which is fantastic. He has been being taught for 6 months and that was his first time at church so that was awesome.
There was Fireside Sunday night that is put on once a month by the Mission and it is where recent converts tell there conversion stories. You only get to go if you have an investigator. We had a ride for us and our investigator all lined up, but then the ride fell though. We were not able to get another one. I felt that the Lord needed us in our area not up in Bloomington that night. We went and saw an Samuel instead and it turns out his mom had just passed away that morning. It was a good thing we stopped by so he had someone to talk to that wasn't just family and people saying sorry. He is super family centered and he committed to coming to church this week so hopefully he comes.
Oh yeah, on Friday we had a Ward party which was super fun. I got chosen to do this pumpkin relay thing. If I ever get pictures I will send them because it will be some really funny pictures. It was super fun and it helped us get closer to the ward.
It was a good week this week. Till next week.
Love you all
Seth
No comments:
Post a Comment