is a 60 year old man from Liberia named Harry. Our last apportionment he said he knows that the Book of Mormon is true and he is willing to get baptized. He is just worried about his health. He should be coming to Church next week, we hope. Another is a couple named Ron and Heather they want something better but they are so hard to get to keep their commitment. Heather promised she would come to church this week so I really hope she does.
So we had a really cool experience we were tracting and we knocked on a door and started teaching this guy "The Restoration" out of the pamphlet it got to the First Vision and I was reciting it and as soon i said "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head" his super bright porch light turned on right then it was so crazy awesome I cant believe it actually happened.
So when you teach the Restoration you are supposed to invite people to be baptized in that lesson right there and I have invited 3 people to be baptized so far. It was weird at first but now it is a lot more natural. I hope we can get all of our investigators to church this week.
We do get fed often. Last night we had dinner with a family in the ward and it was so great we had German pancakes and it just made me feel like i was at home it was great. On Wednesday we have a dinner set up at Harry's house and we are trying Liberian food I am super nervous because it is supposed to be like super spicy. Hopefully I can handle it.
Elder Boekweg says we are doing good work so far. I hope we can keep it up and get some more investigators. We have an FHE setup tonight with a family in the ward and then a family of investigators. It should be an amazing experience the Dad just has to overcome a smoking addiction and some law of chastity problems and he can be baptized. I hope we can help him get over all of that. Everything is going super great so far. I love it here the people are super nice and the Ward is pretty good too.
Love Seth
P.S. Ask the people in the Ward if they know anyone from the Andover Area.
| New MMM Missionaries and Mission Pres and Wife |
No comments:
Post a Comment