Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The last transfer begins! And a ridiculous patterned week!

So this past week was a good week, but a weird one. So ya to tell you the pattern off the bat. Literally every other day this week every single one of our appts fell through. It is all good we saw some cool miracles this week anyways. One of the big miracles on Wednesday was the lady that we found last week, Joan, who we prayed and then only knocked on her door and she said she went to our church in Alaska and so ya we tried seeing her early in the day  and we stopped by and met her husband outside and then we left and then we were at the church and we got a text from her saying that she had a sister who was interested in coming to church as well and so we set an appt. to see her that night at 6 so in an hour and we got a joint teacher to come and we showed up and it turns out while they were in Alaska her whole family all 10 kids got baptized and so her and her sister were members, but the cool part was her sister who's name is Chan just got cancer free and while she was in treatment she prayed and said that if she was healed she would go back to church and then she called her sisters and told them she wanted to go back to church and Joan hadn't even mentioned yet that she had met us and ya so the both want to come to church and Chan has an 11 year old daughter who wants to come to church and should get baptized they might not be coming to our ward, but it was just a super cool experience! We had a ton of success on Wednesday we also found this guy named Paul. We were biking by his house and he was working on a bike and I felt like we should stop and ask if he needed help and so we did and we helped him fix it. kinda made it work and he is from Liberia and said he heard of our church there. He was a pastor in Liberia but we started to teach him and he seemed disinterested in what we were saying untill we said Joseph Smith's name and he said I want to know more about that man and so we gave him the testimony of Joseph Smith pamphlet and I had that in my bag for over a year so ya it was meant for him apparently and we found out he fled from Liberia because of persecution from this secret group that is no good. He was next in line to be a part of so he left that town and then they killed his daughter and so he fled here for protection it is a crazy story! But ya he seems to have a lot of potential it was super cool. 

Some other highlights from the week on Friday we made a number of smaller pizzas and took two to this family in the ward that is struggling and then us and the sisters took 5 small ones to a family that is low on money that feeds us every time we visit them so we were paying them back they are African and recent converts and he sang a song then taught us the song and I have a video of it, but ya it was super cool. Ya the rest of the week there wasn't anything too super awesome all though I may have willed my bike to this 77 year old African man who needs a bike. so ya but it was a good week. Today we found out about transfers and ya so I am staying here and I am going to be able to train a new missionary this transfer my last transfer and I am excited it is going to be awesome! But ya I am super excited! It is going to be a blast. 

From my studies this week so in your last transfer you have to do this program called "My Plan" where you just set goals and make plans for your last transfer and I was doing the first part and it was about remembering and the scripture Alma 5:6 stood out to me 

"6 And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, you that belong to this church, have you sufficiently retained in remembrance the captivity of your fathers? Yea, and have you sufficiently retained in remembrance his mercy and long-suffering towards them? And moreover, have ye sufficiently retained in remembrance that he has delivered their souls from hell?"

And it hit me hard that all I need to do is to remember all the Lord has done for me on my mission and all that he has helped me be on mission and as I do that I will be able to keep moving forward and keep becoming better and ya to remember is a great principle of the gospel it is taught through out the whole Book of Mormon and as we remember what we have learned in the past and all the Lord has done for us then we will be able to keep moving forward and keep progressing and be able to stay active for all our life! 
Well that is all I hope you all have a great week.

Love, 
Elder Howe

No comments:

Post a Comment