Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Pinnacle of being a missionary seen!

Ya so I will get to the title of this email a little later! but ya highlights through this week. 
On Monday we went to the building and everyone brought something we bought pizza and we hung out with our district and another district and we got a VHS version of the Singles Ward and watched that. It was fun haven't used a VCR in a while, but we figured it out eventually! but ya it was a good day! That night we had dinner with a family from Laos and it was super good. The first time the elders had dinner there the wife wanted the sisters there because she was shy and then the 2nd time she was still reserved, but this time she was super open it was super awesome! We had a great lesson with them they are active, but she has a ton of less active family in the Ward with a lot of part  member families so we were able to commit them to share there testimony with one of her sisters and it should be great! 

On Tuesday we had a lesson with Donny and his task for the lesson was going to be to teach us the gospel of Jesus Christ lesson well he was only supposed to teach about baptism and the Holy Ghost, but he taught the whole lesson and I asked questions and he answered them great and I asked well is my baptism in my other church just fine? and then he answered it by bearing a super awesome and powerful testimony it was awesome to see. This kid has only been a part of any church for 2 years and his testimony and knowledge is already so great it is awesome to see. He is going to be a great member and an awesome missionary one day! but it was awesome! 

On Wednesday we had an alright day the whole day, but the evening was really good we went out after we had dinner at the apt . and went to do some stuff and then were supposed to go tracting, but we only had time for like one door so we prayed we were looking for a specific guy we had heard of, but we felt like we should  knock a certain door and we did a lady named Joan answered and we talked to her and she said she just didn't know what church to go to in the city she has only been here 3 years and I invited her to church and asked he if she had heard of us and she said ya that is the church I went to in Alaska. She had being seeing the missionaries over there and she said she would come to church with us so it was awesome GOD lead us to her and I feel she has a lot of potential! and then that night we went on splits with some members I went with a guy named Brother Newman and we went and taught our investigators Joseph and we also had another member come who is his main fellowship! and it was a good lesson and then after I switched companions and walked to this another complex with the other guy who came with us and he walked me to our next appt which was with a member and then that member became my companion and ya then my comp showed up with the guy he was out with who leaves on his mission next week and it was a good lesson on the sacrament with this less active we were with! and ya it was a great night that night! 

On Thursday we had a Zone Meeting with another zone and it was a good meeting President Forbes started the meeting with teaching us doctrine. He talked about Priesthood, women, and temples it was super good I learned a lot from it! but the rest of the meeting was good. It was about helping people we teach progress and keep commitments!  So Friday this is where the title starts to come into play so it was just a normal Friday at first and we were planning then we get a phone call and it is the Andover elders and they call me from time to time with questions about people or where things are at, but ya so I thought it was normal and I answered and they told me they just found out that Harry Gbotee was going to the temple the next day at 3 and so ya I texted President right away for permission to go and started to organize a ride and I reserved spots all before I got full permission, but I was going on faith and then we went on through the day and got to dinner and Pres hadn't answered yet so i called him and he said yes as long a I switched my p-day to the next day instead of Monday so we did that and ya so then Saturday in the morning we had this Stake service activity that went from 10-12 and it was good we cleaned up a park and it was p-day so we just hung out at the apt and waited until 2 when our ride was picking us up for the temple and he picked us up and we went to the temple and it was awesome I walked in to the room and Harry was sitting there and it was awesome I haven't seen him in a year so it was great and it is just super awesome to see this man that when I met him he was so sad and unhappy to be able to make eternal convents with God and come closer to Him it was an awesome experience. He is a man who just wants to follow God as best he can so it is awesome to see him doing the things that are leading him in that direction! After the session in the Celestial room it was awesome. There were a number of people from the Andover Ward and it was good to catch up with them as well and Harry walked in last and every one that knew him gave him a hug and it was super awesome! One of the best moments on my mission to see him in there and then he rushed out because he really had to go pee, but it was awesome and then I got pics with him in front of the temple and it was awesome. Just an awesome day! Nothing super awesome happened on Sunday it was kinda just a normal Sunday, but it was a great week! and the Temple is a spiritual place. A thought for the week it is just an amazing thing to be able to be in the temple of God to be in God's house the spirit is strong there and it is awesome to be able to do service for others there! I love temple and plan on going regularly for the rest of my life as long as I am physically able to! I love the temple I hope we all make it a goal to go! 
Hope you have a great week. 
Love,
Elder Howe




No comments:

Post a Comment