So this past week was a good week we did a lot of teaching this week so that was good it was mostly less Active teaching, but it was good. On Monday we went into Minneapolis and we went to the stone bridge and walked across to St Paul. I got some pics that are pretty good it was a fun day. On Tuesday we had a really good lesson with our investigator Joseph Hope. We were teaching the Plan of Salvation and at the end of it we were teaching about the Atonement and we then watched 3 bible videos on the atonement and it was great the Spirit was super strong and we then we finished teaching the Plan of Salvation and it was the most he has ever comprehended before in a lesson. He has had a stroke before so his mind is not 100% and it is hard form him to comprehend and retain but he did really good and I know it is because the spirit was super strong and it taught him. So that grew my testimony of how the spirit is the great teacher! And ya so the rest of the week was good not super exciting that I feel like I should write about except On Saturday so we have this less active part member family that we work with and their daughter was turning one and they were throwing this huge party we got the invite and it was from 2:30 until 9pm crazy. Africans party long. Ya we were biking around and then we saw him and talked to him this was before the party and he told us he needed help carrying stuff so we went and helped him and they had so much dang food we carried at least 15 of those big aluminum pans things to a car and then tons of drinks and then while carrying drinks I squatted down to pick up four 24 packs of soda and my pant spit right down the middle. So ya I have a pic of them after I had taken them off. It was a big one, but luckily i had a jacket with me so I just tied it around my waist so ya then we went home to change and then we did some more stuff. We Then went to the giant African party and ya we had some food it was OK. So I was making conversation with people asking them about the food and stuff and they were all drinking these glass bottles and I was like what's that because it was in a different language and Bro Dewh, the member, said try one. It is Malta there is no alcohol in it. He opened and gave it to me and so I drank it and it was nasty. So it was fake beer made form everything beer has minus the Alcohol. So ya I drank fake beer i have a pic of the bottle it was nasty. I never want to drink it again so that was good, but ya then Sunday, this is where the perfect time to receive revelation, so I was fasting our area is struggling with finding new investigators right now and so during the sacrament I was praying and reading the Book of Mormon trying to seek what we need to do in our area to make it better and I was reading and flipped open to the story of Ammon serving the king and then flipped to mosiah 2:17 and it hit me really hard we need to do more Service in our area the Lord really confined that to me and that we need to be better at talking to everyone and the sacrament is just the best time to receive revelation thee spirit is just so strong during it and it is a time meant for reflection where if we are seeking we can receive the guidance and council from our Father in Heaven on what we need and he will bless us with it as we worthily partake of the sacrament we can receive the guidance we need it is an amazing time to receive revelation it is awesome! I love how the Lord works and I love being able to ask questions and receive great answers like I did this Sunday well that is all for this week hope you all have a great week
Love,
Elder Howe
No comments:
Post a Comment