Friday, March 4, 2016

Car week:) and More bi polar weather!

This week was a good week. One good reason was because it was our car week yay! But ya Monday we had a good p-day I need more pants and I got 2 pairs for 8 bucks at a thrift store so that was great! We had dinner that night and the next day we were supposed to be going up to Bloomington for Mission Leadership Conference and we heard that there was a storm coming in, but we figured we would be good. We had a lesson with our investigator Marcus that night at 8 and it went well he has a really hard time understanding the Book of Mormon when he reads so we read with him. It went well. He is slow moving, but he has potential! Then after his appt we got a call from one of the APs saying we would have to Skype into MLC because of the storm and that was a little frustrating. Skyping into meetings is not that good because we don't have access to great WiFi at all. So ya it wouldn't be super great! But then we were told that we could just call President at 7 in the morning and see if he would let us go so I exercised faith and woke up early so I would have time to shower and eat before we called President just in case he said yes. I got out of the shower looked at the phone and we got a text that said the meeting was canceled all together. So ya that was too bad and then that day it snowed a ton. It was a blizzard. Good winds and lots of snow it started at 9:30ish and was going hard until like 1ish and at that point it was still snowing just lighter with less wind. We did as much as we could in the apt with the phone and area book and then suited up and went out in the snow which was falling decent. I have a video, but we chose a place to walk to and we started we hadn't even left the parking lot yet when I slipped twice caught myself once not so lucky the second time, but I was fine we talked to 3 people and had some good interactions and shoveled a lady's walk who was a her mom's house and then got her address to shovel her walk. She hasn't been to her house for 3 months so it will be a lot of snow we will see how that goes! But ya we didn't even get to where we were planning on walking to, but it was good time spent before we had to turn around to make it back in time for dinner. We set an appt up with this former investigator name Chad and we called the APs and got are car ungrounded so we wouldn't have to bike out to his place and we went and there was some way deep snow drifts in front of his house like almost above my knees I have a a pic but it was crazy and it was an interesting lesson he is a guy that is gay(we found that out about halfway through the lesson) and he just kept complimenting me and telling me how smart I was and saying I was intense it was super weird I am pretty sure I got hit on by a gay guy it was a good lesson, but weird. I don't know what to do about that one.

Tuesday was a crazy day full of snow! Wednesday we had our district meeting and it had stopped snowing so that was good! Not a ton happened that day, but we met with a new less active we hadn't met with before or anyone in the ward had met before and it went well and after we had left he called us and said he wanted to come to church so that was awesome! He seemed like he is ready to come back! Then we played basketball that night. So the MLC which was supposed to be on Tuesday got rescheduled for Thursday so in the morning at 7:15 we took off for Bloomington and it was good I love going to mlc it is just great we are talking a lot about changing the mission culture right now and how we as leaders set the tone for that and what ways we can more effectively do that. So I know there are a lots of things I can do better so I am trying to be the most consecrated I can be to help our mission be the best and the work progress the best possible. The meeting is great and then after we went on an exchange with the Fairbualt elders and that went well. I went to their area and it was good! 

The rest of the week. On Friday we found a lost sheep Hispanic guy. We found him and then we went to our appt with him and he told us he was baptized and that was crazy and then ya he had to think about whether he would let us find his records. So ya, but then Bernard are investigator came to soccer, but then not church. The less active we met with came and enjoyed it so that was great!  It was a good week. Today we have a lot to do and the greenie elder thinks he can eat more then me so today we are going to Pizza Ranch, a pizza buffet, so i can show him how to really eat! 

A scripture I really liked this week actually came from my studies today!  

Alma 37:41 Nevertheless, because those miracles were worked by small means it did show unto them marvelous works.They were slothful, and forgot to exercise their faith and diligence and then those marvelous works ceased, and they did not progress in their journey;

So he was talking about the Liahona and Lehi and his family and how it is by the small and simple things that it works and then later in the chapter he says this,

 44 For behold, it is as easy to give heed to the word of Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass,which would point unto them a straight course to the promised land.

So the scriptures are our Liahona and all we have to do to get eternal bliss or eternal life. Then all we have to do is the simple things we have to do CPR (church pray and read) and as we do the simple things we will be able to stay on the path and it isn't hard it says it will be easy. If we are doing the simple things it will be easy it won't be hard to obtain eternal life! 
Well I hope that all is well and you all have a great week remember to not be afraid to open your mouth! 
love,
Elder Howe



No comments:

Post a Comment