So this week was just an absolutely great week we had a ton success! Highlights from the week on Monday we had 3 lessons that night so that was great and we found two new investigators. Tracting the guy who let us in name is Papis he is from West Africa and he let us right in and then went and got his roommate Nick and we taught both of them and got a return appt with them. Papis is Muslim so that will be interesting, but super nice guys college students. They have potential. Then we had a great lesson with our investigator Marcus about prayer and at the end of the lesson he prayed out loud and so that was fantastic! It was great. That was the first time he had done that so it was great! Ya then Tuesday we found 2 more new investigators who names are Debbie and Shannon we tracted into Debbie a few days before and got a return appt and brought a member so we could get in. Then we taught them Tuesday and it was a great lesson and we got a another appt with them for Friday so that was good! Then we went to dinner we biked over there and then we ended up not having rule of 3 and this was at 7 at night and so she gave it to us To Go and we didn't tell her we were on bikes so we just put all the food in our bags and then biked to Institute which we weren't planning on doing, but we did and then ending up eating dinner at 8:45 at night. A long day, but a good one!
Wednesday was good we found another new invigilator whose name is Levi so that was good! The Next big day was Friday we taught Bernard in the morning and that was a great lesson we left him a talk to watch by President Monson and then he watched like 3 or 4 of them and he loved it. So that was cool but he is way ready and set for the 5th of March! Then we did paper work and calls. That night we taught Shannon and Debbie again and had a great lesson with them and then booked it over to our next lesson after them with our Hispanic guy investigator named Chyanne! It was good with him we had a member with us and we talked about the Sabbath day and got him to commit to church hopefully for every week now and he won't let homework get in the way of coming to church! Ya then that night we stopped by a Less Active and got in with her and her son who is 9 who isn't baptized so that was great and they accepted weekly appts with us, but we are giving them to the other elders because they ended up living in their area not ours so that was good!
Ya Saturday we had soccer and Bernard had his baptismal interview so that was great! He passed! Then we did some stuff and that night we were all having dinner at a less active's house that we usually alternate having dinner at on Saturdays, but they had all the elders and the bishops family and the sisters and the relief society president and her husband over and it was good they made some really good pulled pork so that was good! I have eaten with them pretty darn near close to every Saturday in this area so I said goodbye to them because I was told that morning that I was getting transferred just not to where yet. It was good. She always gives the elders who they get close to something to give to their moms so I have an odd trinket to give to mom from her, but it was good! To top off a great last week in the area on Sunday we had two investigators to church Chyanne and Bernard so that was great! Then Peter Tut who we have been trying to get to stay for all 3 hours of church stayed for all 3 hours so that was great it was a great last Sunday in this ward I love! But ya it was great week probably the most successful week I have had in a long time. Here is our final tally for the week!
It was a great week. A great way to leave this area I am glad I have been able to make a difference in this area and help it grow to become better it is great!
This week I was doing the Christ like attribute activity in Preach My Gospel and decided I wanted to study more about Charity and love and increase my charity and love and I read they Bible Dictionary definition and I liked it a lot. It says:
"The highest, noblest, strongest kind of love, not merely affection; the pure love of Christ. It is never used to denote alms or deeds of benevolence, although it may be a prompting motive"
So that hit me the highest noblest kind of love. That just described it perfectly to me because it is the pure love of Jesus Christ and what can be more noble and high then that nothing really and so I have focused a lot on my mission on Charity toward everyone because I want to have that Christ like love for all that I meet and all that I lead and teach! So I continued to study why charity is important and read Moroni 7:46
"46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity,ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail"
So I realized 2 things from this one that hit me this time reading this scripture
1. Without charity I am nothing if I don't strive to have it I am nothing so I need it almost more then anything else, I need it!
2. Charity never faileth that means never. If we have it and are consistently striving to have it with us and continually pray to have more charity then it won't matter what happens in life because that will never fail us and we will be happy because no matter what other things fail, and it says all things must fail, it won't fail us we will love the people around us and still be happy. To me that meant that no matter how many doors are slammed, no matter if we get dropped by our investigators, no matter if we aren't having any success if we have charity we will be happy and we will have success eventually! So I am striving even harder to have more charity. I am praying for it with all energy of heart. I am glad for the PMG attribute activity and how it allows me to continually improve and everyday become more like our Savior Jesus Christ i invite you all to do the attribute activity in chapter 6 of Preach my Gospel and then pick one that you want to work on and improve on and become better at and then do it! It is great.
Well this is my last time emailing from Mankato I will miss this place a lot. It was great being here I have grown a lot here and I have grown to really love the people here, but i will go where the Lord needs me to go and be what he needs me to be. It is onward to new experiences! It will be great I can't wait!
Well that is all till next week
Love
Elder Howe

No comments:
Post a Comment