So this past week was a great week. So highlights from the week! On Monday we actually had some time to relax so that was great and we had dinner and an FHE at a members house the Bairs and we had just heard earlier that day that you could pierce a Ballon with a wooden stick from the bottom and the top so we tried that there and it worked. I have two videos of it I will send home it was cool! and they have one of the sister's investigators over every time as well so we taught her and then after we went and picked up a YSA in the ward to come Joint teaching with us to our investigator Marcus at 8 and we went and it was a great lesson with him! On Tuesday went down to another district's district meeting it a town called Fairmont and after the meeting we exchanged with the elders there and it was good we went around their small town and it was a good day we sat in this hard core smoker's house for like an hour and I was glad I had my rain coat on so it could soak up most of the smoke smell from his house. It was bad, but it is all good. I am used to it now.
Wednesday we went back to Mankato and had our district meeting and that was good and then as a district we went to this Mongolian grill and it is a way good place to eat. It was good then we went and helped someone move some stuff into a u-haul storage unit and it was good! Then the rest of the week Thursday night we met with this guy named Chad who we met with twice before last month and he called us and we went and saw him that night and it was a really bold lesson we just testified about Jesus Christ and his Atonement and how it is the only way. I was thinking of what we could leave him to read and I scrolled down through my Book of Mormon and Enos stuck out to me and so I was going to say and leave that one. So I said can we leave a chapter with you to read and then my comp said I will mark one for you and I didn't tell him what it was that I was thinking and and then he gave him Enos to read so I know that Enos is what he needed to read and the Spirit was really working through me!
Friday we met with our investigator Bernard in the morning and we talked about his baptism date and we had to move it to the 5th of March and he is committed now. He knows what it takes to be baptized and we taught the Word of Wisdom and he told us he had been living it his whole life and not even knowing it. He said he has never wanted to put something in his body that would harm it or become dependent on. He is the most prepared person I have met on my mission he just knows it is all true and loves it and it is great to see! Friday also had a ton of planning to do and paper work and it was busy and we had to get the oil changed in the car and we were just super busy. We met with our investigator his name is Chyanne and we brought Bro Bair in the Ward and we taught him the Word of Wisdom and it went ok. He has been drinking coffee since he was 3 so that will be a hard thing to give up, but ya hopefully he can do it! We had dinner at the Cosper family in our ward that night and it was good they are a cool family. We are trying to start teaching the active members the lessons because there was a general authority who came to the mission in the Anoka stake and he said that if you have the missionaries over to teach you the lessons by the second lesson if you are thinking of people who you can share it with you will have a name come to your mind! What a great promise. So we are trying to work more through the members now it will hopefully go great!
On Saturday we had our usual meeting in the morning and then we played soccer and it was good! Then we went on an exchange with the other elders in the ward and I went to their area so I was biking for the day and it was good we talked to a few people and ya it was a good day. Sunday was good Bernard cam to church and that was great! Then we had an ok night that night! but it is looking to be a great week we have a lot of things set up already we will hopefully have one of the best weeks I have had in along time. The work is going great in this area and I am grateful for the chance I have had to see it grow from virtually nothing to lots of teaching. It is great to see this is the last week of the transfer and so it could very well be my last week here in Mankato so i am trying to make sure it will be my best, but I only have 6 months left on my mission and it is crazy that I only have that much left because that is less than I have been here in Mankato. I was reflecting on my mission because I was doing an interview with a newer missionary and I was talking about how we need to let our missions go though us and not us go through our missions and I was thinking how I have changed on my mission and I was thinking of a talk that since I heard it has played a huge role in my life it is the "What Lack I yet" talk given in conference the principle of asking the Lord what lack i yet has been in place since Christ was on the earth the young ruler asked in Matthew 19:20, 'The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?"
I had made changes to myself before i heard this talk and really grasped the principle, but once I learned how I could use this I have really made some more changes and I am grateful that I can ask the Lord how i can improve and he can tell me because I am just constantly trying to improve more and more every day. I still have 6 months left to grow and become who the Lord needs me to be and it won't stop there I ask the Lord every night what can I do to be better. "what lack i yet" because I want to continually be improving every day of my life for the rest of my life. This is what the gospel is all about! I love it and am grateful for the corrective council of the Lord! Things are going great here and I love it! I hope everyone is doing good and I invite you all to have the missionaries teach you the lessons and try and think of who you can share it with and take it with great prayer! You will find people for you and the missionaries to teach we all have people prepared for us to find to help teach and baptize. Not just the full time missionaries. So find those people who are prepared for you with the missionaries help!
till next week have a great week!
love
Elder Howe
No comments:
Post a Comment