Sunday, February 7, 2016

Physically exhausting week and pray for strength it works!

So this week was good week it was a different p-day we had to figure out how to buy for 4 people to eat so that was different, but ya then we ended our p-day early to help a lady move and that was good. We planned the day out so we wouldn't have to bike at all so that was good we didn't have to do that! but we did a good amount of walking and my legs were still tired from Sunday, but ya I was exhausted, so exhausted I didn't even hear the alarm go off in the morning on Tuesday. That is the first time like ever my whole mission, but ya, so I realized I was going to need some help and strength to get through  this week which we will talk about later, but just some awesome things that happend this week we met with a investigator named Chyanne(who is guy...) but it was great he had real intent and a lot of potential to progress he was taught in the cites a couple of years ago so he knows a lot of stuff already. He is reading and it is great! and that was on Thursday and to get to his place we had to bike up this huge hill and it was warmer it was like 30 something and halfway up the hill I had to take my jacket off I was burning up so i was biking in my short sleeved shirt and it felt good, but man I was soaked in sweat. That is the bad thing about biking I sweat so dang much it kinda stinks, but ya.  

Then on Friday we had a great day we went and had a lesson with one of our investigators named Fabrice and we met his friend Clauzele and his dad is in Mobile and he goes down there a lot so I connected with him talking about Alabama and it was good we had a good lesson with them and Fabrice committed himself and his friend to come to church so that was awesome (they ended up not coming but hey whatever) and then our investigator Bernard texted and said hey let's meet tonight and that was awesome because it had been two weeks since we taught him and we went there and he had still been reading the Book of Mormon pretty much everyday those two weeks so that was awesome. We had left him 2nd Nephi 31 which is about the Doctrine of Christ and he said he read it and he realized that he has to be baptized. That it is the next step in his progression as a believer so that was awesome. He is receiving revelation as he reads. It is awesome he is so prepared it is great and that night we taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and set a date with him to be baptized on the 27 of February and he was excited it was awesome. He is going to make it! He came to church on Sunday so that was awesome. He stayed for all 3 hours and it was good. He met a lot of people and it was great. He is super solid I am excited for his baptism! but ya. 

On Saturday we played soccer again and it was good we had a decent amount of people so that was great! and ya the rest of that day we biked around and did a lot of stop bys and had dinner and it was good! Sunday was great like I said earlier Bernard came to church and it was just good and it was our last day of biking for the week so that was great as well! Man are my legs tired oh boy, but ya back to praying for the Lord to give me strength. So ya I didn't hear the alarm I realized man I am dead right now. I am not holding anything back. I am putting all my energy into biking, teaching, and tracting. I don't want to hold back, but I want to be able to function and then I realized well ask and ye shall receive. So I need strength and energy so I asked. I prayed for it that morning and then that night we were biking back from institute and we have a decently steep hill to go up on the way home and I have never made it up this hill with out walking. I started up it and half way up I was like man I don't know if I can do this, but then I remembered my prayer and said, "No the Lord will give me strength if I put forth the effort." So I pushed myself and I made it with the help of the Lord and I haven't had to walk up any hills this week. The Lord will bless us with strength when we need it, but we have to be willing to act we can't just pray for the hard things to go away. I could of prayed for another car, but that wouldn't of worked. It is like Nephi in the Book of Mormon when he is bound by his brothers and this is what he says,"But it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord, saying:O Lord, according to my faith which is in thee, wilt thou deliver me from the hands of my brethren; yea, even give me strength that I may burst these bands with which I am bound." He prayed for the strength to brake the bands and the Lord did because he was willing to fight through a trial with the Lords help. Not just try and wish it away because the Lord won't just make all of our trials disappear we have to go through them whether we like it or not. That is how we grow and he wont give us something we can't handle without his help. He will help us in all of our trials as long as we have the faith that he will and can help us and we ask for strength to endure them! I am grateful for the Lord blessing me with strength this week! What can the lord help you with this week? 
I love the lord and this gospel and this church. 
till next week 
love 
Elder Howe 



No comments:

Post a Comment