Sunday, February 7, 2016

Cold stuff and I am staying again

So this week was a good week we had a lot of success. I am just going to do a brief overview of the week this time because I don't have a ton of time to email because of transfer stuff and so on. Monday was good. On Tuesday we found 2 more new investigators they area an African couple and they seem super awesome so that is good. It was a good lesson with them. I love teaching Africans it is super fun! But ya and then that night institute started up again so that was awesome! It was good to be back and this semester they are doing a thing called "Foundations of the Restoration" so it will be a good one to get investigators to so that is great! 

Wednesday we had our District Meeting and afterwards my comp had to go to the doctor so I sat in the urgent care waiting room for 2 hours, but I got some appts set up and that was good! and then not so good we went to the halfway house where our baptism date investigator was staying and went in and it turns out he got moved to Rochester. He left us a note. So that was a bummer, but it's all good. Things like that happen! Thursday was an average Thursday we did work at the Food Shelf and we found another new investigator that day as well so that was awesome! Then Friday we had lunch with our new WML to talk about some things and then we did our planning and that took a while, but it was good because planning is important and then we went to the halfway house again because someone called us and wanted to meet with us and we picked him up as an investigator he is a Somalian so we have to get permission to teach him if he starts to progress towards baptism but it is cool! 

Saturday started the cold weekend again it was no higher then 2 degrees all day! We played soccer in the morning and then after that we got a text that church was cancelled the next day due to cold weather. I have never had church cancelled to my recollection so that was interesting but ya then we went and we tracted for an hour in -2 degrees with our windchill weather and that was cold, but it was good character building ;) and then we were in a small town that had a frozen lake so we walked out on to the lake and walked to the middle and took pictures and video it was fun! I will send then today! and then we had dinner with a less active family we always have dinner with and got a referral from them for one of their friends that the missionaries used to teach and she gave them a call while we were there. It was good! 

Sunday man it was weird not going to church, but we did other stuff and then went out to work and taught some people it was good, but super cold all day it didn't get above probably like -5 degrees so it was a frigid day and then with windchill probably -15 degrees to -20 degrees all day long, fun stuff! But it was a  good week and today we found out about transfers and I am staying in Mankato yay! This is my second transfer area so that is cool! and we are getting another set of elders in our area so that will be fun. The lord has defiantly been preparing this area for a 2nd set it is awesome to see! 
This week I was studying about giving our will over to God and I had a great study today and yesterday on it. I had come to the conclusion that in order to give your will to God you had to have a change of heart so I studied how does that happen and came across two scriptures that answered my question the first one being Ezra 7:10


  • 10 For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of theLord, and to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments.

So Ezra prepared his heart so that confirmed we need a change of heart and I couldn't find how that happen and then I read Mosiah 5:2


  • 2 And they all cried with one voice, saying: Yea, we believe all the words which thou hast spoken unto us; and also, we know of their surety and truth, because of the Spirit of the Lord Omnipotent, which has wrought a mighty change in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually.

and I realized in order to have a change of heart we just have to let the spirit into our hearts and then it will change us and we won't desire to do evil, but we will desire to do good continually and I replaced the word good with the will of God  and that clicked when we let the spirit in to change us we will have the desire to do the WILL OF GOD continually! So really doing the will of the Lord comes down to us making a choice of letting the spirit into our lives to change us and we have to submit to God and let him change us to who he needs us to be and then through out our whole lives continually let him change us by submitting and doing his will and that is how we will gain eternal life! It is great. So that is my goal to never stop letting the Lord mold me into what he needs me to be by making sure I am always doing his will and letting the spirit into my heart to change me! I love this gospel and I love that I have the chance to stay in Mankato for one more transfer to full fill the will of the Lord! 
Love you all that is all till ext week 
love 
Elder Howe 

My District

Ice fishing hole on the lake

Standing on the frozen lake

No comments:

Post a Comment