So this week was a good week. We had a good pday. Nothing too out of the norm. Did everything we needed to do. Then Tuesday we had MLC in Bloomington and it was great as usual we talked a lot about how we can be better leaders and how we can do better at being the example area and helping our zones be the best they can be! And then we talked about loving the unlovable missionary or the hard to love ones and it was really good. I have learned that if you pray for charity you will be blessed with charity. There have been many times that I have been on my knees in the bathroom for the Lord to help me love my comp and understand him and it worked! I love the Lord he is so great he blesses us with so much and he is just waiting to bless us with more if we just ask, but we need to ask. If you are ever not getting along with someone just take it to the Lord and ask him to help you understand him and help you have more charity towards them and you will be blessed, if you have real intent, but ya it was a great meeting and then we blitzed some elders area and that was good.
Then the next day we had a zone training and it was good we talked about the new Christmas video that will be coming out. It looks like it will be great so that is good and then me and Elder Hurst gave a training on how to make effective back up plans and it went well I think we made a pretty sweet slide show and it went really well. I love giving trainings now so it is good. We also talked alot about being on time and about the doctrine of the family and why it is important and how to answer questions about the new policy change. It was a really good training. After that we went out for lunch in Minneapolis with some other elders to eat some Pho a vietnamese soup I had one that has tripe in it and it was good tripe is super chewy but it was way good. Then we went with some other Zone Leaders in the same stake as us until we our Stake meeting that we had that night with the Stake President and the High Councilor over missionary work and it was a good meeting. It started to pour rain hard! Like super bad so it was a slower trip home, but it was a good couple days in the cites.
Highlights from the rest of the week. We did service at a Food Shelf and that was fun we did a ton of moving piles from one spot to another so that was good! And then we exchanged with some elders and Friday was full of planning and stuff and we made biscuits and gravy again it was great. Saturday we had a Ward service project where we went around and were assigned houses to rake and it was really good contact with the
community so it was good! And on Sunday we went by a potential investigator and taught her and we got a new investigator which is good it was a while since we had found one from tracting so that was good! It was a good week.
At our Stake conference the Stake President was talking about how he hadn't missed a day of reading his scriptures in 38 years and that amazed and inspired me so that is my goal now to never miss a day of reading my scriptures for the rest of my life. So I am excited for that and it will really help me to become a better person and it will be great. I have been really studying the Book of Mormon and I have started reading it again and I go over one chapter a day and I gain so much from each chapter I am reading the Isaiah chapters and I am finally understanding it better because I really look into the verse and pray for the Spirit to help me understand and focus and it really happens. It is amazing I love
studying the Book of Mormon. I love that book it makes me happy every time I can read it and I have really come to appreciate it and just know that the book is true and that by reading the book we can become the closest to God that we can in this life. I love this Gospel! I know that it is true and that as we live the Gospel we will be happy. I love being a missionary. I have less than one year left and it is going fast. I am trying to make the most of every moment and work as hard as I can for the Lord. I hope we all try to look for ways we can share the Gospel with people. Pray and ask the Lord to give you one missionary experience everyday and he will give one to you if you want to have it
and he will help you become a great member missionary and it will be great. I hope that everybody has a great week and that we all have great missionary experiences.
Well that is all till next week
Love
Elder Howe
Sent from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment