This past week was a good one. On Monday we had Zone Pday and we had it at our building. We set up our volleyball net and then we set up a mini golf course in the church with all kinds of stuff we did 6 holes it was a blast. We played volleyball for a couple of hours and then people mini golfed and played a card game called Bang and it was just lots of fun! And then we had an FHE like we usually do at a member's home and that went well! and ya it was a great day.
Then the rest of the weeks highlights! Tuesday was the first full day of just proselyting with no calls or meetings and it was great it had been a while. That is one of the things I miss about being a regular missionary is not having a lot time to spend a full day proselyting in your own area. I do my best to make sure we spend as much time as we can, but I do miss being a regular missionary, but I am doing what the Lord needs me do when he needs me to do it and this is what he needs me to do right now!
On Wednesday we went to the Fairbault area and went to their district meeting and then we exchanged with those Elders and it was good. We have a good relationship with them. It was a good exchange and we had all kinds of stuff to do the next day. We had our district meeting and then we went and did service at the Food Shelf from 12 to 4:30 and it was super busy, but it was good. It was fun and a member took us to Pizza Ranch which is always good. That is something I will miss about Minnesota for sure when I leave because it is awesome! Ya and then we had a lesson that night! The rest of the week was good we had some good lessons. Peter Tut came out to see someone with us and he almost got hit by a car crossing the street so that was scary, but he didn't so ya. Someone in the ward passed away so that was sad, but it is all in the plan! We got a referral from somebody and it was good to get one.
Then on Sunday Roberto and his "wife" came to church again so that was awesome. He has been coming consistently so it is great to have him there! Ya it was good. Sunday we watched this video in Gospel Principles we watched this video called "I’ll Go Where You Want Me to Go" it is a music video, but it was way good. It is just people doing member missionary work and it made me realize missionary work is so simple on both sides and the Lord knows that. That is what he says in Alma 37:6-7:
6 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.
7 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.
So as we can see from the scripture by small and simple things great things are brought to pass. Then this morning I was studying and preparing my training for our district meeting this week and it hit me. We all just need to go back to the basic and simple things and then the Lord will bring about the salvation of many souls. Missionaries often complicate the work and members as well, but if we all just do the simple things it will all come together and the church will grow. One of my favorite things to share with members at dinner appts. is the video "Hope of God's Light" because it really shows how the simple and basic things bring about conversion. I mean just not being afraid to talk about the Gospel in public with friends and then answer questions when asked! Then simply follow the spirit like his friend did, who I am sure was praying for an opportunity to do some missionary work, BASIC! Then just a simple invite to a Ward party and a simple prayer that changed that man's life and everything clicked! It is so easy, but we make it so complicated. We need to realize that if we do the basic things the rest will come and God will bless us. So I am working on that. One thing I am going to do that is by studying the Book or Mormon and Preach My Gospel to study the basic simple doctrines that people need to hear and continue praying to be guided by the spirit. I would encourage you all to do the same! We will help this work go forward and the Lord will bless us as we do the simple things and then great things will come to pass!
Have a blessed week and a great Thanksgiving. I am grateful for all the support you all give me and you have helped me grow in my life I am also very grateful for this opportunity I have to serve my Lord, my God that I love. I am doing all that I can to fulfill his will for me in this area. I love you all that is all till next week.
love,
Elder Howe


No comments:
Post a Comment