Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Miracles and Revelation! and Luke 22:32

So This week was an OK week. Some good things happened! This letter is going to be a little different then my usual letters I will at first talk about a few things that have happened this week. We did service for our investigator Roberto and we helped him rake leaves and move a ton of stuff around and it was good because then he came to church again on Sunday he is planning on coming every Sunday. Service softens hearts and it is amazing what service can do! I have an amazing testimony of service now. It is amazing what happens when you just take the time to serve somebody. But ya that was fantastic! This week we started to do service at a local Food Shelf for a couple hours on Thursday so we did that this week and it was good! We bagged like about 50 bushels of apples so that was a lot apples, but they like us because we got it all done so that is good! 

That night we had a miracle filled night we had stuff fall though and then 2 people popped into my head and we tired to see them and got contact with a former investigator and got his new number and then right after that we got in contact with a less active lady who hasn't had a ton of contact so that was great and then after that we still had an hour left and I felt like we should go and see this less active I had never met so we drove there and when we finally found his apartment, we knock and then this guy answers  and it turns out to be someone my comp contacted on campus like at the beginning of the month and he has just recently had some really spiritual experiences and converted to Christianity and he seems super prepared. He is awesome. His name is Fabrice he is African but it was a miracle to find him where a less active used to live so that was awesome!  He is coming to institute with us this week so that is great! It was awesome. 

On Friday we had the ward party, but those were the highlights of the week.  Oh ya and a member gave us 30 pounds of popcorn seeds so we have a plenty of that! I have a pic, but any ways now i want to talk about the scripture I put in the title Luke 22:32 which just took on such great meaning to me this week as I was reflecting and thinking about some stuff so as i was PONDERING things so that Scripture says:

32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

So earlier in my mission I knew I had to be obedient and that it was important, but I would break super small things every now and again and think it didn't matter and then after I got transferred from Andover to Farmington I was with my comp Elder Freestone and he was exactly obedient and I realized the importance of it and I repented and since then it has been my mission to be as obedient as I possibly can I have studied the White hand book in my personal study through multiple times looking for ways I can improve so that the Lord can bless me and my area more and after I got away from Elder Freestone I have had companion after companion who have not thought as highly of 100% exact obedience and I was having some trials it has been by far been the hardest period of my mission, but I have gotten through it with faith and trust in the Lord and through lots of prayer, but I was a little down this week and I was pondering why I was having these trials and I know that trails are meant to help us grow and then that scripture came to me and I realized God is rooting for me and doesn't want me to lose faith in exact obedience even though it is hard sometimes and then I realized that God had been giving me these comps I have had because I am converted to that principle and so because I am converted I must convert my brethren and I have seen that not just in my companionship but as a leader I have had many opportunities to work with elders and help them realize the importance of being exactly obedient it is amazing what the Lord can do for us. He truly does love us all I wasn't planning on writing about this, but as i started to write i just felt like I should! but i think that that scripture applies to us all in many ways. We are all converted so we have to help convert our friends and God is rooting for us to do that. He prays that our faith fails not. This scripture has brought me much comfort this week and it makes my testimony that God has a plan and a reason for everything that happens even our trials and every one that we come in to contact with I am so grateful for the opportunity that the Lord has given me to help others as I have already been helped I love this work I love the Lord and I am grateful he trust me enough to do his work because I mess up a lot, but I know I can become clean of the mistakes though the atonement. I hope everyone can find some way this week to convert their brethren it doesn't even have to be a non member it can be a member everyone is on the path of conversion! I love the way this Gospel works. Well I think that is all for this week well as Moroni says his last words:

32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in no wise deny the power of God.
 33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.
34 And now I bid unto all, farewell. I soon go to rest in the paradise of God, until my spirit and body shall again reunite, and I am brought forth triumphant through the air, to meet you before the pleasing bar of the great Jehovah, the Eternal Judge of both quick and dead. Amen.

till next week God bless 
love you all 
Elder Howe 




No comments:

Post a Comment