So the highlights from my week we had Institute on Tuesday and that was good. That night we drove to a city in our zone to be with some missionaries and so we got there that night and spent the night with them and it was good we were training one elder about being a district leader and then we went to their district meeting and that was good. Then Wednesday night we went and played basketball and my comp sprained his ankle so that was no good. Then Thursday we had service, but we cancelled it so he could rest his ankle so we did some paperwork stuff and calls and then some elders got their car taken away and one of them didn't have a bike and since my comp is going home we drove out
there to bring him his bike so he could bike around. So that went ok, but ya then we came back and he was icing his ankle and then we a had a good dinner.
Friday the assistants came down and blitzed our area and that was good we had a lot of success that day. We got a lot done we taught a lot of people. It was great and on Saturday we went and helped a member's friend move and I got hair all over me so that
was no good, but it was good interactions and then we had calls and lots of stuff and planning and it was a good day. Sunday was good we got some more stuff done and did some teaching!
This week my ponderize scripture was Alma 26:12 and it is about how the Lord can help us if we are humble and I was pondering, praying, and reading and I was chastened by the Lord for not being healthy. Being chastened by the Lord is a great thing. Then I was reading my scripture again and realized that the Lord will help me with that if I am humble and do all I can do and ask him for strength to help me accomplish the goals
I set. It is an amazing thing. The Lord is willing to do so much to help us so that we can become the best we can and so that we can become what he wants us to be, but we have to be humble and willing to accept his council on how we can better become more like him. To be chastened by the Lord is a great blessing. I never thought that I would think or
say that, but is an amazing thing how the Lord can change us and help us to become better! Let us all strive to be the best we can through the help of the Lord!
Sorry if this isn't the best letter. I was on my iPad, but I hope all is well
Till next week
Love
Elder Howe
No comments:
Post a Comment