Monday, August 22, 2016

God love Specific Prayers

So this past week has been a pretty good week. It was a little slow which here is still a good amount of teaching we taught 14 lesson, but I feel like we should be teaching 20 to 25 a week so we are trying to get there! but ya highlights from the week! On Monday our district took a bike ride over to the Mississippi to the Coon Rapids Dam it is the first dam on the Mississippi it is a cool place. It was fun to ride our bikes across the top and get misted with water it felt good because it was a hot day, but i got some pictures it was fun! That night we taught our investigator named Wilfred who is a 77 year old African guy and he is in need of a bike so i am giving him my bike when i am done in a few weeks so that is good, but man he just doesn't grasp some concepts. Things go right over his head especially priesthood authority he always just say yes I was baptized by immersion. I say good but not the right power and he says yes you need the power. So I say yes and invite him to be baptized and then it starts again, but he is a good guy just old so we will see where that goes! But ya the next highlight was we had New Missionary training, a big meeting with all the new missionaries where they get trained on how to do things, and it was a great meeting I have heard all the training before, but I really got a few things out of it that I needed and so that was great and after that meeting we exchanged with the APs and I went to their area and it was great. We went tracting and we prayed and told God we wanted to find a young family and then went tracting and found a single guy, he was super awesome and excited to come to church it was awesome and ya then we didn't have time to finish his floor because we had a dinner so we will come back to that apt later but ya a member took us to Chipotle and I learned that at Chipotle you can ask them to use 2 tortillas to wrap your burrito and for double beans and rice for free crazy I had know idea but man it was good! and then we had some meeting which is why they had me come to their area because in his words I am an old missionary so I won't mind just going to a bunch of meetings with ward leadership and he is right, but ya we also met this guy who just showed up at their church and it was cool he had such high standards like very like the church teaches about standards he had it was awesome! and then ya then the next morning before we went to exchange back we had a little time to tract so we went back to the same complex and we prayed again and said we are going to find that young family and we went knocking and we found them! we found this super nice lady and she is a single mom with 11 year old kid and so it is a young family she was super nice and was pretty interested she is a recovering addict and it seemed like she was really searching for something it was awesome. Afterwards me and Elder Esquivel were talking about it and it is something I have done on my mission pray to find someone specific describe them and it is amazing God puts them in your path every time he just says thanks for asking here they are. Sometimes it it right away sometimes a transfer later but he always does it and it is amazing he wants us to pray for specific things because he wants to bless us as specific as he can! It is really an amazing thing I really think it shows how much he really does love us! He love us alot!

The rest of the week was just kind of an average week, but it was good! Wilfred wants us to come to his seventh day Adventist church this coming Saturday so we will see if we can make it he came to church on Sunday and bore his testimony and it was good he proclaimed Jesus is your friend but he sounded angry he wasn't but it was kinda funny he is a good guy and will probably come back to church! So that is good! and ya it was super good! So from my studies this week it is actually something I was pondering this morning I was reading in Alma 27 which is about when the people of Ammon move over to the land of Zarahemla to get away from persecution and I read this vesre that stuck me. 

Alma 27:29
 29 Therefore, they would suffer death in the most aggravating and distressing manner which could be inflicted by their brethren, before they would take the sword or cimeter to smite them.

It struck me because of how converted they were they would rather die than sin and brake the convent that they had made with God how amazing is that they had such great abhorrence towards sin. It is something we should all strive to have we should all strive to have that great abhorrence towards sin! As we do we will be blessed!  
Well that is all hope you all have a great week .

love
Elder Howe



No comments:

Post a Comment