Well this past week was a good week. On Monday we spent a couple hours at the Stake Center playing sports with a bunch of other missionaries and so that was fun! and then this lady showed up and apparently they were using the Stake Center for the voting for city council and so we helped this lady set all of that stuff up so that was great! and then ya highlights from the rest of the week. So Tuesday we went on an exchange with the zone leaders and I stayed in my area with one of them and it was a good exchange our dinner cancelled so we went to my favorite restaurant witch is called Mandarin I love it so much it is a Vietnamese place and this was probably my last time getting the Pho there I have a picture of it, but it is so good! I love it, but ya that was the highlight of that day but we saw Donny and his dad that night and man it is so hard to see a 12 year old who is trying by reading everyday but the example of his dad is just bringing him down and making it hard for him to keep progressing in the gospel it is hard sometimes to see. Donny has so much potential! it is amazing we just need him to be able to access it! He just needs to do it but I love that kid he is great! but ya and then on Wednesday we had a zone meeting with another zone it was a good training and at your last Zone meeting you bare your testimony so ya. I had to go first and it was good. It was also weird to be the one up there after seeing so many others do it before me but like I said in the subject it doesn't feel like I am going home at all! even though I have a week left I feel like I still have months but ya it was a great training and it was at the Elk River chapel and I found a quilt that had the Hunsaker name on it that was cool, but ya then that night it poured really bad we were only in it for like 5 minutes tops, but man we got soaked but it was fun. It just takes a few days for my shoes to dry out but ya! it was fun!
Thursday was a pretty good day I got permission from president to contact some of my old investigators that I was really close to in Andover and they came down to take me out to dinner on Thursday night and it was great to see them again and catch up I think they were going to send a picture to dads cell but i don't know if they ever did, but it was great to see them again they aren't investigating anymore but they have a great view of the church and I will probably be in contact with them for a long time so that will be good they are awesome! Ya then on Friday we had a lesson with our investigator Wilfred again and still nothing is getting across to him, but he really wanted us to come to his church so we set it up to go with him. That night we were tracting and met a nice old man he just wanted someone to talk to, but it was a good talk it was a good contact which is all that matters sometimes!
Then on Saturday in the morning we went on splits with the WML and his son so that my comp could go to Wilfred's church and I could be at our coordination meeting and then I got picked up by the other elders and we did service and waited for Elder Anway to get back from the church he said it was super interesting they sang for like 45 minutes straight before the service started and it was a 2 hour service and they said like 20 prayers and it was a Kneya church so some of them spoke no English but the word welcome! but he said it was interesting!
On Sunday we had a good day we didn't have anyone to church but it was still a good Sunday we got a new EQ president last Sunday and we talked with him this week and he is going to do a great job it will be awesome! and that night we met with a less active we meet with every week and this is my last time seeing him because he is going out of town and he said I was one of the only missionaries to get him to pray out loud and so that was awesome it was great! Oh ya I forgot on Friday we went to Mandarin one last time for me to get my second favorite thing there there orange chicken lunch combo it was great I got a pic of that too! but ya today starts my last week so I only have one email left but I plan to work as hard as I possibly can this week! but ya from my studies this week I was reading in Alma 29 and this verse stuck out to me
Alma 29:3
3 But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.
I read that and realized the importance of being content and thankful for what we have. I thought back to the the tenth commandment that tells us not to covet and I have pondered what that really is because people ask us and it is really a commandment because when we covet other things that means we aren't very grateful to the Lord for all that he has given us and we can't progress if we aren't thankful and realize all the Lord has done for us. He gives us what we need and we need to be content and thankful with what he has given us. He has given us all that we have so we should thank him everyday!
Have a great week!
Love
Elder Howe
No comments:
Post a Comment