Hello everybody!
This past week was a good week. So I talked a little about this last Monday, but we had zone pday and it was at our building it was the last one with the whole Stake together because now we are split into the two zones, but it was fun. We did a bunch of minute to win it games. President Forbes was here and he did some of them too. Our team was not very good we pretty much lost every single game, but that didn't matter in the end when it came to the kool aid challenge. So the kool aid challenge is where you have to drink 15 of the 12 ounce bottles of kool aid, like the ones where you twist the top off of it, and you have to do it in 15 minutes without throwing up. So I did that one it sounds super easy, but it was a little hard. I did like 7 in 5 minutes and then slowed down and just drank the rest slowly. The second to last one was rough man. I thought I was out, but I downed it and then just drank the last one super fast and I didn't throw up. I was the only one who finished who never threw up so I won then right after I played some basketball so it wasn't too bad. It gives me confidence I can do some more food challenges, but it was a lot of fun. I should get a video this week of everyone doing the kool aid challenge and I will send it home next week! It was a super fun day then that night we had to do a ton of planning for the zone so that was good!
On Tuesday we had to do a bunch of organizing and cleaning because we had just moved two apartments into one two bedroom one so we had just a ton of stuff laying around that we had to figure out and organize and do stuff like that! Then we got a call to give this lady a blessing who is in the ward. She has been living in a hotel because she can't find a place to live or a job so we gave her a blessing. I did the blessing. Then we had dinner with Brother Jensen's sister that evening it was good. We got to shuck corn I have some pictures of that I will send. Corn is big here it is grown everywhere. Everyone grows it! Ya it was a good dinner and then we had an appt with a less active who made this weird Book of Mormon video I have a picture of one of the pictures he put in it you will see why it is a little weird but ya then we went to Institute on campus that night and it was really good. It is fun to go to institute the teacher is a super good teacher! but it was a good day. There was a big party going on at campus but ya it was a fun day!
Then Wednesday we still had more organizing and stuff to do we had a ton of extra stuff. We had 2 or 3 of the same thing so we put all of that away so we could send it back to the mission office! That evening we went to a less actives house and we did service we helped get all of their potatoes out of their garden so that was fun and then we had dinner there and they are interesting we just go and do service every week and try and help them out as we can! That night at 8 we played basketball with some members and a non members at the church it was a lot of fun. It had been awhile since I had played some legit games so it was great to be able to do it again!
Thursday we had our district meeting. I am still in charge of it because I am the district leader and the zone leader so ya. Elder Hurst and I split the district leader responsibility up so it isn't too bad it was a good meeting though. Then we went and had lunch at this sandwich place it was pretty good! Then we went and walked around and tried to see people and tried to get some stuff done. We were walking around in the rain so that was fun kinda. I don't have a rain jacket so I just used an umbrella it wasn't too bad! Then we had a dinner with an older couple in the ward and they are super awesome there name is the Osborns. It was lots of fun and she made really good bread so that was really good! Then that evening we had a lesson with our investigator Roberto who has something similar to ALS it was an alright lesson. We are just trying to get him to come to church right now continuously. So hopefully we can achieve that!
Then Friday we had to do a bunch of zone leader calls and talk to all of our district leaders and then we went to help a less active move houses and so that was good! It was a little sketchy because he had a super old wooden trailer that sounded like it was going to fall apart as we were driving from his house to his new one every trip. It held up so that was good. Then we went and had a dinner at a member's house and it was good. Then we had people from the mission office come and pick up all of our extra stuff from the old apartment. So we did that and that ended the night!
On Saturday in the morning we went and played basketball with the members again and that was fun! Then we had our coordination meeting and breakfast with the wml and other people it was good then we played soccer with some less actives and investigators for a few hours. We then ate lunch and we were going to blitz one of the areas in our zone because the missionary is a brand new district leader so we went to train him. I went around with his comp and one of my comps and we did some work in their area. Then we met back up for an fhe with a family in their ward and one of their investigators it was really good then we made the hour trek home!
Sunday is where the miracles happen so there is a new YSA girl in the ward and she brought her friend to church and then another lady brought two of her friends to church and we got some appts with all of them. So it was super awesome to see people just bring their friends to church with us inviting them to do so. It was super awesome hopefully we can start teaching all of them! It was a super good Sunday lots of good classes then after church we helped someone finish moving and then we had dinner at this member's house who lives a little bit in the country they have 11 acres it is a sweet house. They are converts of 5 years, but after dinner we went on a walk with them around part of their property it was super fun. They are a super awesome family! For one of our pdays they are going to let us hike around their property and have a bonfire with them so that will be a blast can't wait for that! Then we went to see a less active and he showed us these sweet swords that he has. Like real swords it was pretty sweet! Well this week was a good week it was slow, but busy at the same time. This coming week we will be going out of town for 2 straight days doing exchanges and stuff so it should be interesting! We ll I am still loving it it out here hope everyone is having a great time and doing lots of good missionary work back home. Have a great week.
till next week
love
elder howe
No comments:
Post a Comment