Friday, September 25, 2015

Pretty dang crazy week! of crazy stuff happening

So this week was good, but it was a crazy one. So Monday we took time and I wrote a letter to all of my converts so that is great!  On Tuesday we had a zone Conference and it took about 1 hour and 15 minutes to get there so we had to leave here at 6:30 so we did that and it was a great zone conference lots of training on how to be more effective planners and how to have more faith in finding! So ya it was good, but the downside of the whole tring was the fact that we got tiwi in our cars now so we get tracted on everything just like the missionaries have back home in their cars, but I am not the driver right now so it is all good! It was a super good conference we didn't get back till 7:30 and then we went to institute  and it was a super good lesson all about Joseph Smith's last day and weeks it was super spiritual great lesson! Then one of the members at institute had a bull whip he wanted to show everyone so we were doing that and then the neighbor next to the church got all mad and stormed on to our property it was a scene, but nothing bad happened the guy was angry for no reason at all, but ya it was an exciting moment!

On Wednesday we had to get the oil changed in the car so we did that and then tried to go and check out the campus but there is no parking for visitors it was ridiculous so we ended up just driving around campus and then going home, but then I had to do a bunch of calls to the teams in my district and then we went out and walked around trying to set up appts with people and so that was good. We got a few appts set up and then we took off to see a less active and eat dinner with them. They live in a super dirty trailer so it is a little iffy at times eating there, but we do it anyways so ya it isn't too bad! We had dinner and taught them about the Book of Mormon and ya it was an ok lesson they are interesting people she is very demanding. She gets mad if we don't show up in service clothes, but we are trying to help them out as much as we can!  Then we had another appt with a less active, Brother Strand, and he is interesting as well. I dont know what he was talking about most of the time, but he was talking about the Davinci Code and how it shook his testimony. I was trying hard to just testify of the power of prayer and that God loves him, but ya it didn't go to well he wants to talk with bishop about that so we will let him do that! That ended that night! 

Thursday in the morning we were suppose to help someone move, but we showed up with a crew of people and she had nothing packed and no truck to load it in so we told her to call us when she was ready because we couldn't really help her out too much at this point so ya that was too bad. Then we had to pack up our apartment because we are moving in with the other elders so ya that was fun. Packing up missionary apts is a pain sometimes because elders just leave a ton of crap in every area that go to so there is just a bunch of random stuff and closets full of it! but it is necessary so we did it! Then we went to applebee's for dinner with the other elders because a member gave us  a $50 gift card so that was super nice of them. It was good kind of celebrated my year mark by going there crazy I have been out a year.  I hope time will just slow down a bit so i dont finish too fast! 

Man Friday is where the crazy begins. So we do weekly planning like normal and then eat lunch and I have a call with the zone leaders and we knew something was going to happen because one of the elders in our area can't bike and it is a 1/2 bike area, but while I am on the phone with the zls president calls them and tells them that the one elder is getting transferred and we will be in a trio with the other one and that it had to happen that night so that was a very fast and quick change! But you just roll with it. Then we went to do some serice for a member we had to dig out some mattresses from her storage unit and man they were buried back there deep it was bad they were pretty deep in there, but we did it so that was good! Then we ate dinner and went to an appt but they forgot so we just ended up sharing a short message with them and then the switch off happened we got our 3 elders and the zone leaders picked up the other one so ya then we helped a guy move an entertainment center and we taught a guy while just walking around downtown so that was cool it is always good we you can do that! That concluded the first crazy day! 

Saturday man Saturday. So first we had a hard workout of running theses huge stairs and man it was hard and then we had our meeting with our bishop and ward mission leader that was good and then a scout was having a blood drive as his eagle project so we donated blood. It was my first time so I drank a ton of water beforehand. So it went well it didn't hurt, I didn't get dizzy, and I got my unit out in about 5 and half minutes apparently that is good for your first time so that was cool something new I had never done. So ya then we went and finished packing the apartment up so ya we got most of the way done before we had to go to help paint a less actives house so we did that it was a blast then in the middle of it we get a text from president saying call me when you can. That is never a good thing because when he says that something is going down. So ya we called him after and he just talks small talk at first and then he says they are reopening the old zone our area used to be in and that me and Elder Hurst, the other elders we just picked up to be a trio with, are going to be the zone leaders so now I am a zone leader and we are opening a new zone mid transfer so ya it is lots of fun. It kinda surprised me, but ya it is happening so I will do what the lord asks me to do. I know I can do it if he has asked it of me!  Then we finished off the night by packing the apt once more! There is so much stuff in that apartment. 

Sunday was a great day at church lots of good talks and lessons and we had a linger longer potluck after so that was good. They always are. Then we had an appt with a less active and it went well. Then we had to finish the whole apartment up. We ate dinner went to campus for a few minutes then the rest of the night we finished the apartment so ya lot of packing this week. Today was zone pday and it was at our building it was a blast I will tell you about it next week because I am out of time, but it was a blast I did the kool aid challenge and completed it. You will have to look up what that is, but I will explain it next week! I love the Lord and love this gospel. I can't wait to fulfill this new role he has asked me to fulfill while I am on his mission! 
well that is all till next week 
love
elder howe 



No comments:

Post a Comment