Saturday, September 26, 2015

Good full week and transfer news!

So this past week was a good week on Monday we went to the Renaissance Festival and ya it was ok, cool set up they had, but let's just say satan was definitely there that is for sure that is all I will say about it in this email! Ya it was fun anyways! So ya, but on Tuesday we hit the road again and went down to a city called Fairmont and dropped the other zone leader to exchange with them that was about an hour drive and then me and my other comp continued down the road to a city called Albert Lea and that was another hour and so lots of driving so ya we did that and I exchanged with the missionary there who is in his first transfer so that was good! He really impressed me. He was doing a super good job at leading out in his area and it was super cool to see that happen and ya we had alot of good success so that was awesome and the other elder there served in Andover after me so we talked alot about all of the people I love in that area!  Ya it was a good successful day in Albert Lea! 
On Wednesday we had that district's district meeting that we went to and so we did that and it was good. I was asked to give a training on the Spirit so that went well! Ya it was good then we started the trek home about an hour drive and we had some planning we had to do and then we went to dinner with Brother Jensen's sister the Craguns and that was good again they are super nice. Then we helped her set up stuff for their relief society meeting at the church that evening then we went and saw a less active in the ward who is blind. He is super nice I really like visiting him it is super fun and it was a good visit we talked all about the Sabbath day and it went really well! Then we went to play basketball with some members and non members at the church and that was good as always it was super fun I just love when I am able to play out here! 

On Thursday we had our district meeting and it was my turn to run it so I gave the training and it went well. I think that is was a good one! Then after that this member who was working at the family history center provide all of us lunch so that was good. It was lasagna and so that made it super good because I love lasagna so ya it was good! Then we went home and we got on our bike and biked all around town and stopped by a ton of people and then we had dinner over by the church which is up a huge hill so we did that. Man it is a big hill but we made it and it was a good dinner and after dinner the member we were with went on splits with us. So one of my comps just went with him and saw some people and we went to another appt and it was good bc we got a ton of stuff done that night because we could cover so much ground! it was a great and super successful night! Then Friday we had our calls with our district leaders and then we ate lunch and we did our usual weekly planning and that went well and then we had an appt with this ysa girl who moved into the ward we were teaching her friend in the library on campus so that went well we have picked up teaching her now so that is great! She seems pretty solid! So that was good then we had dinner with a family and I like eating with them, they are super cool it was a good dinner! Then we had some stop bys to do and we went to the student union on campus and went bowling with one our of investigators who goes to school there so that was a good interaction with him and it was fun! 

On saturday we had our coordination meeting and this ward missionary always gets onto me for not carry a knife around I don't know why. I dont like carrying pocket knives around but he gave me one so now I have to make sure I have it on me when I know I am going to see him so he is happy, but ya it was weird but it was a  good meeting then we went and had soccer at the church as usual and there were a few non members there so that was good I am getting better at soccer now so that is good! After that a member took us to 5 guys for lunch and it was good I hadn't had 5 guys since I left so that was really good! Then we showered and we did some stuff and had our dinner appt with an older couple in the ward who are from the south and she bought us a ton of KFC. So much chicken and mashed potatoes and man I ate a ton because she just kept giving it and asking us to eat it and ya it was good though, but i was full! Then we went to a member's house who was driving us out to what we call a cottage meeting which is just a little social get together for people to invite people to. This one was way out in a town in our area and it was good. The lady in charge was a less active coming back to activity so that was good for her it was fun! Then we headed home after that. It was a 45 minute drive out there so ya! 

Then sunday was good we had a good church meeting. Alot of good talks about missionary work and it was really good. No one came, but that is ok next week we will get them! So ya but then that afternoon we had choir practice so that was good it is fun to sing in the choir again! Then we had lunch and we did service we helped the couple that fed us the night before. We just helped them set up a bed rail for Brother Taylor, the husband. Then we had dinner with a super cool family the Svensons it was cool they know the Tautkus from when they lived in Connecticut so that was super cool! Then we had an appt with our investigator Roberto and it went good. It ended on a really good note. We are just trying to get his whole family involved in the lesson which is proving to be a difficult task so we will see. Then we did splits again with a member because we had two appt at 8 so we did that and I went and taught a less active member's brother for the first time and it went really well. He is really looking for something right now and so I think he will be really solid to begin teaching. Hopefully we will get him going! That ended the night and the week. We helped someone move this morning and then we did a outwork for the day in the morning because we switched our pday to the evening to do a  district pday with the sisters so that should be fun. We also found out about transfers and they are making us just a set of two elders and I am staying here so that is good. I like this area there is so much potential work to be done so it is time to get to work and get this place rolling like it used to be! So they have to put another set of missionary here again! but it should be a good week hope all is well back home 
love you all keep being missionaries at home get those elders people to teach! 
love 
elder howe 



No comments:

Post a Comment