Monday, November 17, 2014

Cold and slow .........again

Well this week was super cold it didn't get over like 25 all week. I am not used to that yet! I have been OK, but I never realized how fast your ears can get cold and once they get cold man it is not fun at all! 

Tuesday we did a blitz with the zone leaders and the one I was with told me he can tell I have changed and progressed a lot since I have been out. That was super good to hear but it is hard to see if you have progressed or changed at all so it was nice to hear that I have!

Wednesday we watched the Restoration movie with Harry. He had never had microwavable popcorn before in his life so we brought some and he loved it. He is still recovering from surgery, but he is doing great!  

Thursday we exchanged and I was driving and I have never driven in snow or ice before so that was scary, but most of the roads weren't too bad. We did get stuck once in this less actives driveway and I had to push us out while the other Elder drove it it was no good. It was cold and I didn't have a hat so my ears were cold, but we did get out so that was good. 

Saturday we had Stake Conference and all the missionaries sang a musical number in it and that was fun. Then something awesome happened when the Stake President was giving his talk he gave me and my companion a referral from the pulpit and that was awesome. That is the first referral we have received and it was from the Stake President. It was so cool because the night before I really felt like we should set our goal for Saturday for referrals as 1 even though we weren't seeing any members and then we got one in Stake Conference that was so awesome!

Sunday we had the other session of Stake Conference it it was super good. We went tracting that day and I thought my ears were going to fall off because they got so cold. The beanie I had didn't cover them very well. I shoveled my first driveway ever! That was exhausting, but then the lady gave us hot chocolate so it was all good! It was a decent week I really hope it warms up just a little bit, but it probably won't so I will have to put up with the cold! Well that is all I have till next week. 

love seth 

No comments:

Post a Comment