So this week was a good week. On Monday we went to a member's house because the elders in our district wanted to play baseball. We went to the member's house with a bunch of missionaries then we went to the park and it was alright. We just hit some balls around and stuff, but then we had the other Elders blitz our area. So I was with an elder in the north part of our area and we had a dinner. Then we went to try and see some people and we got in with a potential investigator and got to teach him finally. So that was super awesome it was a rally good lesson. Then we all spent the night where we are staying with the zone leaders. That was fun.
The next day we had district meeting and it went well. Afterwards we went to a really good pizza buffet called Pizza Ranch and man it is so good, but yet so bad at the same time. The manger there knows missionaries because we go there all the time so ya him knowing us is probably not the best thing, but hey it is all good. Then we took a district picture there. Then we went on an exchange with the zone leaders and I stayed in Farmington and we went to mow someone's lawn and man it was a more humid day. I was sweating super hard, but we got it all done and we weed whacked his yard and then we got to teach him after so that wad really good. Then we went to dinner and it was fun. The family was looking up what the common first names where in the year we were born and they were guessing our names. Mom and dad you did a good job my name was not common at all. I was 103 so that was exciting I guess. I found out that the member's sister is the drummer in the neon trees band so that is cool. Then we had an interview and we went to see Brother Stanitch and we took a walk with him. We talked about the Melchizedek Priesthood because he just got approved to get it so that is awesome. He invited someone in this apartment building to meet with us so that was cool. It was a good day.
Then Wednesday was a slow day we went and did some studies at the library and then we tried to see a bunch of people and no one was home. Then we went and tracted a street and we talked to the guy at the first house for like 45 mins just talking about his life. He makes smokers out of huge tanks he gets from places. They are pretty cool looking. We didn't get to teach much, but we did have a really good contact with him and so that was good. It was super cool his name was Mike Mork. Then that night someone was bringing us dinner and they dropped it off and it was 3 whole racks of ribs for just the two of us...... It was crazy. So much food. I mean we are both big, but man they really think we eat a ton. It is all good. It was a really good dinner. That evening we went to see a less active family where we are teaching the daughter and we had a really good lesson about Jesus Christ and the atonement and it was a really good lesson. Before she would say she didn't care about any thing related to church, but this time when we explained it she said, "well that is kinda cool" so that was progress.
Thursday something crazy happened. We went to see our investigator Judy. Her husband was outside and we haven't met him yet and we wanted Judy to introduce us to him. So we were pulling in the driveway and waiting for Judy to come out and then his grandson ran inside and we saw Judy's husband fall. He is a sick 70 year old man so we hit the gas and got out and tried to help him. He was bleeding pretty bad from his elbow and knee. Then against his will Judy called the paramedics. The cops showed up and tried to help him then the paramedics came. Everyone was really wondering why we were there. They were kind of looking at us weird, but we helped him up and they got him to go to the hospital. It was crazy I got blood on my hand trying to lift him up, but it was a good impression of us that Al got so that was good. Then we saw a less active who is cool we watched a conference talk with him. It was good then we saw our investigator Cully and a priest came with us. It was a good lesson with him. We talked about how he could help his parents understand why he wants to join the Church. It was a good lesson. Then we had dinner a new young family in the ward and it was good. Then we had a referral from some elder in another area and we went to look for the house, but couldn't find it. It is like it didn't exist. We looked for an hour, but couldn't find it. It was frustrating so we will have to figure that out with them sometime soon.
Then on Friday we went to lunch with some elders at Old Country Buffet. Two buffets in one week man I don't know what we were thinking, but we had coupons so we couldn't pass it up. Then we had our planning session and a really good dinner with a part member family who has warmed up quite a bit to us.
On Saturday we had to finish planning so we did that and then the elders in our district have someone who is getting baptized on Friday this week so I had to go down there to do her baptismal interview. We get to the new apartment where the elders stay and they get a call from the girls mom. She is like deathly allergic to citrus and she ate some so she had to go to the ER. We went to the ER and a member of their branch came and picked up the kids. Then we went to the church. I did the baptismal interview with was weird to do but it went well. It was my first one so hopefully I did it right! Then we went to eat lunch and the mom she wanted a blessing so we went to the ER and after we were all finished washing our hands she asks if her daughter could have one so we then went to the church a gave her a blessing then her 3 year old daughter wanted one too so we gave her one and then the other member that was there wanted one as well so that was cool. After all that we left and we ahead a Ward party at 4 it was a corn feed so we went straight there. It was OK we ate some good polish sausages and some really good corn and bacon wrapped Asparagus. We played basketball for a little bit. It was fun. After that we went to weed a less active's garden and we did that and it went well. When we finished it we went to see brother Stanitch and he is hilarious. It was a good time over there. We talked about some stuff and made sure his alarm was set so he could get up for church in the morning so that was good.
So Sunday it was a really powerful testimony meeting even though only 5 people bore their testimonies. It was still a really good and powerful. Then we had some good 2nd and 3rd hour classes. After church we had to make this candy lay for someone who gets baptized this week we made it out of starbursts it looks sweet! I will take a pic and send it hopefully today, if I can. Then we went and met with a priest in our ward and he thought us about what he has been reading because of transfers he added us on Facebook and man it motivated me to lose weight. I didn't realize how much I have gained till I saw my profile picture on Facebook. It was good then we had dinner with a family the Allens who we are close with and it was really good. We had taco salad it was good. Then we went to a less active and part member. It was a miracle because we usually can't go in but some guy they knew came over so we were able to come in and we didn't teach, but we got super good fellowship in. Their boy taught himself how to play the guitar and he was playing for us and he is good. He also plays the keyboard and the trumpet and baritone he is way musically talented. It was good we are going to play soccer with him sometime time during the week now and a bunch of other non members so that should be fun. We left there and usually president tells you if you are getting transferred on Sunday night and so I was nervous all night, but he didn't call. The zone leaders knew what was happening and they told me what was going down. I am getting transferred to Mankato and my comp will be an elder who has been there for less then a transfer so it should be fun! That is cool I have heard a lot about it and it sounds like a fun place to serve I am excited to have some new adventures and challenges but I will miss Farmington I have grown to love the people here. It is a good area. I will miss it, but I go where the Lord wants me to go and I know there is a reason I am going to Mankato with the companion I am with. I got spiritual confirmation of that last night so it will be fine and we are going to be a half bike area so that should help me lose weight so that is good. Being a missionary is great another transfer has come and gone and another is about to begin good things are coming! The church is true!
Love
Elder Howe
Sent from my iPad


No comments:
Post a Comment