On Tuesday in the morning we went to help the Spanish Elders help someone move, but we got there and they said they actually couldn't move in until 5 that evening. We left and we went to the apartment and there were like 7 of us and I packed while one elder made the travel plans for transfer meeting. Ya I finished packing then so that was good to have that done with! Then we went and ate lunch at Panda and that was pretty good. After that we went to help some Elders out at this weekly service they do at a church/salvation army place. We put together some backpacks of supplies for kids for school. They have a clothing center thing and they had a bunch of ties in so they let us take some ties. I got 2 ties I will send a picture of them they are pretty sweet ties! After that we went and did more service. We were in a trio with another missionary because his companion died(finish his mission) so he was waiting to get his new one. We went and mowed our investigator's, Mr. Freeman, lawn and did some other stuff for him and that was good. I said goodbye to him and then we went to dinner with a young family in the ward and it was good they are a cool family. After that we went to a member's house so I could say goodbye to them. their name is the Holmberg. Only the dad and two sons we home, but it was all good. They are a cool family I got close to so I got a picture with them and said goodbye. Then we went to clean our car out so that I could actually fit my luggage in the car so that was good. I loaded up all my stuff and we went to one last appt which was Brother Stanitch. We went on a walk with him and that was good for him and I got my pictures with him so that was good. I will miss him he is a great and a funny guy, but that ends my last day in Farmington. I grew to love that Ward and area I love the people there I will miss it.
So Wednesday we went to transfer meeting in the morning which are always fun because you get to see other missionaries you haven't seen for a while so that was good. My new companion is Elder Wilkinson. He is from Provo. I got all my stuff switched over to my new car and then we took off. It was a good 1+ hour drive to my new area. This is the farthest I have been from the cities my whole mission so ya it is little weird, but it is all good. I have heard great things about this area. So this area is gaining a whole new set of elders so we got the checks and went and got their apartment squared away and then we went to get the car fixed because it had a recall and we set up service for the next day. We went to eat dinner and we had to wait for the other set of elders to come in so we did that and then got them their keys and stuff and then we went to the church. I met some of the members and we were printing off some more maps of the area and that was my first day in the area so that was cool.
Thursday in the morning we went and did service at a place called Habit for Humanity which is a place that builds homes for people, but they really didn't have much for us to do so we just ended up cleaning the store from top to bottom so that was cool i guess. We are trying to find a different place to do service a more productive service. Then after that we ate lunch and I had a bunch of calls to do to other teams so we did that and some stop bys. Then we ate dinner and after dinner we got an appt with someone who referred themselves online and had a really good lesson with him and picked him up as an investigator so that is sweet. It was good. Then we went to the church to meet with the other teams in the Ward there are 3 of us so we were talking about the boundaries of
everyone's areas so that was good.
Friday in the morning we went to help out with a kids eagle project he was making a pollinator garden so we were transplanting a bunch of plants and spreading seed and it was good. I also got to meet some more members so that was good too! Then we ate lunch and we started weekly planning and the assistants were bringing some furniture for the other elders apartment and they got here so we helped them move it all the way up to there apartment on the 6th floor. One of the assistants served here for 7 1/2 months so he helped us set the boundaries between the 2 sets of elders so that was really good and now that is all set so it is good. Then they all went to dinner and we stayed and ate dinner at our apartment. Then did some stop bys and one of then APs came with us for an hour to one of our appts so that was cool. He gave us some good advice on this area. It was a good Friday!
Saturday in the morning we had coordination and breakfast with the ward mission leader and the ward missionaries that was good we got a lot of stuff done. After that every week they play soccer with less actives and investigators so we did that till 1 and then went and helped a member who was demoing their kitchen. So that was fun we helped him out for a bit. Then we ate lunch and I had to make more calls to some other teams and a less active called us and said they wanted us to help them put down their hard wood floor. So we went to do that. We got lost on the way, but found it eventually and we went to work. We helped him put down all the liner for the bedroom and his closet. And then we had to take off we helped as much as we could. Then we drove back into town and we stopped by a lot of people and tired to get people to church, but ya that ended our day that was pretty much full of service which is all good. Service is good.
Sunday we went to PEC in the morning and and then all of church was good. During Gospel Principles a lady who has just been returning to activity walked in and said my granddaughter wants to know how to become a member of the church. So that was cool she wants to be baptized so the sisters are going to start teaching her it was a cool miracle. Then we had a really good Priesthood lesson on parenthood so that was good and then we went home and ate lunch. Oh ya i forgot to mention that we share a car with the other elders in our area so we have a half bike area so we will be biking every other week so that started Sunday. We called and got an appt with a less active lady and we biked there and it was a good contact she was super nice and agreed to meet with us once a week so that will be good. Then we had a dinner so we started biking there and we were going to get there to early so we decided to bike to a potential investigator, but by the time we got there we had to turn around and go to the dinner so that was fun. We just miscalculated time, but we go to our dinner and it was with a recent convert family and it was really good. The dad who is a life long member is working towards the Melchizedek Priesthood so that is cool. We work with them once a week. Then we biked to a another less active guy and we taught him. He showed us this video he made which is just the Book of Mormon being narrated with some weird pictures rolling in the back it was a little strange, but he is a nice guy. The we biked home. So we live at the top of a big hill man that hill killed me last night. It was rough and it was starting to rain so that was fun, but ya I made it. It is going to be a nice week of biking I am sure. It will get easier as the week goes on, but ya today is my first pday here and the first time I will have to pay for laundry my whole mission so that is different. Well it was a good week this week. The area has a lot of potential so i am just trying my best to get it to its fullest potential. Well that is all for this week till next week.
Love
Elder Howe
Sent from my iPad
| Andrew Saucer |
| The Hamburgs |
No comments:
Post a Comment