Monday, May 4, 2015

Just one of those weeks!

Well this past week was a little rough and that can happen on a mission. Some weeks are great and others are not. Sometime people glorify a mission and make it seem like it won't be a hard thing to do, but it is definitely hard it can be really rough, but it is all worth it because of all the grate blessing you see and how you see people change their lives through receiving the gospel. I love being on a mission, but it is hard, but nothing good comes really easy! 

The week started off good on pday we just spent all day in the apartment doing stuff like making new scripture cases and decorating our planners and stuff like that it was a pretty relaxing p-day which was nice! I for got my planners again so I am forgetting alot of details of what we did, but I will try my best to remember what went on this week! Well Tuesday we did alot of biking because it was close to the end of the month and we were running low on miles and did alot of tracting, but we had dinner at the wml house and that was good. Then we saw these two guys a father and son who are coming back in activity from complete inactivity and it is awesome to see how they are just soaking it all up and just loving it you can see there testimonies growing each and everyday! It is amazing to watch! 

Then on Wednesday morning we had interviews with President and during my whole interview I guess he was tried of sitting because he was standing and pacing the whole time kinda like he was interrogating me, but he wasn't. It was a good interview President Forbes it a great Mission President you can tell he cares about us personally and how we are doing. Then we had a district lunch at Taco Bell and that was fantastic because I hadn't eaten there in forever so that was good! Wednesday night was saw a guy named Gus who has been investigating for a while and he just wants complete factual evidence of everything it is so frustrating because he claims the bible has 100% factual evidence, but it doesn't. We are trying to get him to understand the concept of faith! Man it is hard! 
Then Thursday happened that is when the week went down hill. We were biking everywhere and then on the way to dinner a screw was loose on the bike and a piece of the brake fell off then as I was cruising down a hill I hit the brake to slow down and just somehow someway just biffed it and crashed. I was totally fine, but my front rim was bent so I had to walk my bike all the way to our dinner appointment that was no fun and then he gave us ride home thank goodness. Then our 8:00 appointment cancelled so that was no good, but we made the most of it. I was super frustrated with myself and the bike all night. The next morning I was making breakfast listening to some music and it quoted this scripture from the Doctrine and Covenants  121:7-10 and 122:5-8 and it mad me realize that my trials were not that bad and that the Lord would help me through them he suffered so much more then we do and he did it so we don't have to suffer. It made me realize I would be fine and I felt alot better after that. That morning there is a lady downstairs who missionaries found forever ago, a side note we don't live in our area so we can't teach here, but she always call us down to help her out which I don't mind, but she is super attached to missionaries it is not a good situation. The Sisters of the area that she lives in see her too, but she always calls us down and tries to get us to move stuff around in her apartment when her husband isn't there which we can't do because it is against the rules. It is a hard situation, but we are moving out of that apartment at the end of the month so that will be good for that situation! The rest of the day was an okay day lots of planning as usual! and tracting. 

On Saturday we were doing alot of tracting and we were in a trailer park and met 4 Nigerian dudes who told us to come back Sunday evening so that was exciting and then we had Arbys for dinner that night and it was really good! Sunday was great. Church was really good then after church man it was hot it was like 87 degrees and it was Fast Sunday so I had no water yet that day and we were walking around. Man it was exhausting! I thought I was going to fall over and pass out. Then we went to dinner and this storm came out of now where and just dumped on us all during dinner and dropped the temp to 60 which was super nice!  Then that night we went back to the Nigerian dudes, but only one was there but we taught him and he accepted a return appointment so that was fantastic. It was a great lesson! but in the middle he got a business phone call and it was a little sketchy sounding, but it is cool because he want us to some back and he has a sweet name his name is Dumimoses crazy name right! Well it was an okay week. Today we are going to see a giant ken statue and some big vikings! so that will be cool then we are grilling and playing basketball and volleyball. So it should be a fun day! well that is all till next week 
love elder howe 



No comments:

Post a Comment