On Wednesday we had district meeting and that was really good we talked a lot about finding new people and how we can improve that so that was fun! and then we had district lunch at wendy's which was really good because I had coupons so the food just seemed to taste better! That afternoon was really good we went to see a potential investigator named Don and he let us in and we got to teach him and it was a great lesson he is super cool and was pretty sincere we have an other appt with him tonight so we will see how that goes. We have had at least 1 new investigator 2 weeks in a row that is great. It has been awhile since I have had that happen on my mission so that was great. That night we met with Gus again the investigator who has been investigating for a long time and is just not moving it was a pretty unproductive lesson we will probably drop him for a little while soon because honestly it would be more effective to tract at 8pm at night. so we will see how that all goes this week!
Thursday was a good day we had a few appts we had one with a priest in the ward who is a jr in school who we are just going trough PMG with and his sister who leaves on her mission in June jumped in the lesson and it was really good we answered a lot of questions about mission life and it was a good lesson so that was great! Then that evening it started to pour and we had to go get something for a object lesson with the member we were having dinner with and it was pouring hard and I had to back my comp out of the parking spot so that was not a lot of fun I got soaked! So then like 1 min later the rain stopped so if we would of waited one minute I would have been dry so that was a little annoying, but it is all good!
on Friday we did a lot of planning and then we had a lesson with a investigator at a park, but the zone leaders were exchanging with us for that lesson so I was just sitting in the car with the other zone leader getting an interview while the lesson was going on so that was fun, I guess, it wasn't bad just a little boring. That day were were tracting and we knocked on a door and I saw one of the members drive by and I waved and then the lady answered and said no and we see a car back up super fast into the driveway and it was the member. He called the lady and said to her "I know these guys" and invited her to church and he save that contact. He turned it into a really good contact we talked to her for like 5 mins after so that was good it was a crazy experience to see him just back up randomly into her driveway, but it was a good one! Then we had dinner with a part member family in the ward and they are super cool we got some good service out of it we are mowing there lawn while they are on vacation so that is good!
Then comes Saturday and we had a zone service that morning helping out at a charity run and we were course marshals and so we were directing people on the 5k course! and I picked up a sign off of the ground and was waving it around. So I got to fulfill a childhood dream of being a sign waver so that was fun. Then we had a zone lunch at a pizza buffet and that was good they have great food! But that night was a pretty good night we got a few pretty solid potential investigators so that was good! Then we went to Bro Stanitch's house and watched the Legacy and that was great! It is crazy to see how much the early saints sacrifice and suffered for the church and we don't have to give nearly as much as they did!
Sunday was a great meeting and we got recruited to help out in Jr primary so that was really fun! Then after church we tracted till dinner, but we found a pretty solid potential investigator while knocking. He drove into his driveway and said it is a sign! and so that was great! Then we went to dinner a skyped and were there for a while because my comp's family was late to skype, but it was a god day! and a great week. Then today I found out that I am getting a new comp and I am the new district leader for this district so that will be exciting, but it is also very humbling that the Lord trusts me with that responsibility! well till next week
love elder howe
No comments:
Post a Comment