Ya so on Tuesday we had a really good Institute it was good. It was the last one of the semester so Sister Picha, the teacher, just had all kinds of pictures from Christ's life and then a scripture for each picture and we went around and read the scriptures as she put the pictures up and it was really spiritual and just super good! Ya on Wednesday we had our District Meeting and that was good. Last one of the transfer and it was good afterwords we went to a Mongolian grill for lunch that was really good it is super cool how they cook the food there, but it was good! So we told the youth the first 3 to share the A Savior is Born video with two friends got their favorite candy so on Monday we had one youth text us and tell us they had done it so that was fast. Then we showed up the the church like 40 mins until the end of mutual and so people could tell us and then the YWs President saw us and was like oh some young women finished and we said "well we have 2 spots open so first ones to get to us get it" and she went and told the YW and then we went a hid in the kitchen and like 10 mins latter two young women come booking it down the hall. I tried to hide, but I couldn't hit the ground fast enough. They got to us so it was cool. A good amount of them shared the video so that was awesome that they did it. It was cool to see! and then we played basketball that night!
Nothing happened the rest of the week until Sunday. It was a good day at church and there were some super good classes, but ya after church we had choir practice and that was good! Then we had an appt with an older lady in the ward and then we had an early dinner with a family out in a town called Ampleton and this guy always feeds us a ton and ya they just had all kinds of leftovers and they are super good cooks. All kinds of traditional Minnesota dishes and we ate a ton. Then we had homemade cheesecake and that was good! He made us each eat half a fried baloney and cheese egg sandwich because we had never had one before and then each of us half of a grilled cheese sandwich he makes because he makes it different, but ya I was full! Then we took the sacrament to someone with this couple in the ward. It was to a family that had just had a baby on Friday so ya! Then we went to watch the devotional at the couple's house and it was really good super awesome talks last night. If you haven't watched it do it! After that we made gingerbread houses and well I have a picture. Mine is at least standing, but it was fun. The couple totally zonked out during it and I got a picture of that. They are awesome though. It is crazy, when I go to byu-i the will be returning to school there the same time as me so that is cool!
Ya those are the highlights of the week! This week I have been really thinking about the conversion process and about how it is all just one big circle consistently throughout your whole life. I was reading in the end of 2nd Nephi 30 to 33 and then all of Jacob and i love Jacob it is my favorite book! I learned so much from Jacob 5 this week. It was amazing. I really enjoyed reading that chapter which was a first for me, but it made me realize reading all those chapters that throughout our lives we are consistently going through the conversion process which I broke down into a few steps:
- We sin
- We have a desire to change
- We get nourished by the good word of God
- We repent and become better and progress
This will continue throughout our whole life and it is a great thing. It is the beauty of the gospel! I love it so much repenting is one of the greatest gifts God has given us! It is great! I love it!
2nd Nephi 33:6
6 I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus,for he hath
redeemed my soul from hell.
Well that is all this week till next week keep repenting and keep sharing the gospel
love,
Elder Howe
No comments:
Post a Comment