Wednesday, October 22, 2014

2 Months Gone By

Well this was a Pretty good week. It is crazy to think I have already been out two months because it hasn't felt like two months it kinda flew by. I hear that it doesn't slow down and just keeps flying by.  We almost hit all of our goals for the week we found 4 new investigators that is the most since I have been out it is great. 

Twice a week we visit this recent convert named Brother Gray. He is 64 and had a stroke a little while back. So he is a little out of it, but is completely accountable. He is my favorite person to visit. He is so funny. He just loves the church so much and has a super strong testimony. It is great. We are helping him to be able to say the sacrament prayers so that he can do it in sacrament meeting. It is lots of fun to be over there. This week we brought him teaching with us twice and he was great he doesn't have a huge knowledge of the gospel, but he knows what it has done to his life and how it has made his life better. This is almost better then just having a knowledge of the gospel it is really amazing to see. 

This week we got a referral from the Mormon Battalion site in San Diego and we finally got into see them and they are awesome. They have a friend who is LDS, but hey knew absolutely nothing about what we teach. They were super open to it. She told us "who am I to tell you this is wrong when I haven't even read it". That was super encouraging because it means she will read it with an open mind. That is great because a lot of people have trouble doing that. I can't wait to get back to see them and see what they thought and felt. It should be great!! 

We had two great lessons with Harry this week he is just super awesome. He just wants to serve the Lord, but has health problems and it slows him down a little bit. He always prays that he can be healed so that he can serve the Lord. It is super humbling to hear because he wants to serve super bad, but he can't. I know I am completely able and could always serve more diligently than I am now. It is a good reminder you can always improve and work harder. 

One super funny thing Brother Gray told us this week was that when we see Jesus again we are going to be buck naked. It was so hilarious he is so funny. oh yeah so Harry's full name is kinda funny.  His name is Harry Gbotee but his last name is pronounced Booty so his name is Harry Booty people always laugh when we tell them. It took us a whole month to realize it too. His baptism is getting super close and we are getting super excited. He is super ready! He came to church again and loved it.

Well that is all for this week till next week. 
Love, Seth  

Funny text from the Ward Mission Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment